PDA

View Full Version : Prokennex pro 5G VS 7G

tennis-kid
07-25-2011, 04:38 PM
I hear many good things of 5G and 7G.
I am planning to demo 7G but TW doesn't have 5G demo. So I'd like to ask
experts who played both of racquets some questions.
Which one is better one? Would 7G's 1/2 inch longer grip can be problem to adjust for now and after years of playing with longer grip to switch regular grip?
Thanks

ced
07-26-2011, 06:33 AM
I hear many good things of 5G and 7G.
I am planning to demo 7G but TW doesn't have 5G demo. So I'd like to ask
experts who played both of racquets some questions.
Which one is better one? Would 7G's 1/2 inch longer grip can be problem to adjust for now and after years of playing with longer grip to switch regular grip?
Thanks

Though I no longer play with it, I did use the 7G for 3-4 years and have purchased both the 5G and Ki5 but found them lacking when compared to the 7G. Of course, that is just my opinion.

I never noticed the extended length of the 7G, it was no problem at all; whereas other extended length rackets presented problems. The grip length was not a problem for my 2HBH.

I think the 7G is a better all around racquet than the 5G, but that is just my opinion and someone else's may differ.

jorel
07-26-2011, 06:52 AM
why doesnt tw Offer a 5g demo

tennis-kid
07-26-2011, 06:33 PM
I don't know why.
I even called them and they said they don't have it for demo

Power Player
07-26-2011, 06:55 PM
The 7G is Grailathon of perfection.

I just leaded it up a little to make it worthy of world domination.

Posting details in the 7G thread soon.

jorel
07-27-2011, 02:17 PM
I don't know why.
I even called them and they said they don't have it for demo
wierd...........

Zolar
07-27-2011, 02:24 PM
I used the 5g when someone recommended it to help alleviate my tennis elbow. It took awhile to get used to, but the tennis elbow left and hasn't come back (about 7 yrs now). Can't comment on the 7g. I eventually switched to the Babolat Pure Control as it has similiar specs and still no arm problem.

SirGounder
07-27-2011, 08:22 PM
I found the 5g to be more demanding. I prefer the extra length of the 7g and the extra pop that I get from it. The 5g was too low powered for my game.

Zverev
08-04-2011, 06:19 AM
I have purchased 5g quite recently.
Very stiff, unstable.
I wouldn't call it arm friendly.
Every my old racket is arm friendlier than 5g.
I suspect that new batch of 5gs is very different mold from older ones.

I haven't tried 7g, but from reviews, it looks like most kinetic users play with this one the most.

And yes, I am going for Babolat Pure Storm too, it's in the mail.

Power Player
08-04-2011, 06:25 AM
^^^

This guy again. Ridiculous.

Zverev
08-05-2011, 06:46 AM
^^^^^
Relax....it's not religion.

I am pretty sure that 5g and 7g play considerably different.

Here is from user Kcraig:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=372601&highlight=kinetic&page=4
......started off warming up with the 5g for a 4.5 singles match/hit and could tell right off the bat I was really struggling with "depth." I usually like "low powered" frames, but this was very low powered. Also--maybe cause I was hitting higher in the hoop than normal, the 5g did not feel near as "plush" as the 7g. Serves with 5g--not GOOD at all!! Started off with 4 dubs in 2 service games-all were well short in the net!!! I was quickly down 0-3--that was enough for me. Pulled out the 7g! Ended up winning .................................................. ..............

"the 5g did not feel near as "plush" as the 7g" kind of echoes my own "not near as plush as any players frames I own".

Power Player
08-05-2011, 07:04 AM
This is what you have also said.

"In my experience, the kinetic technology is just a gimmick - it doesn't do anything to reduce the shock. The concept insults my intelligence also - what is the mass of that sand inside the frame?
Do you feel it when swinging your racket? Not a chance.
Now imagine or feel the kinetic energy that coming ball brings to your frame. Compare to the sand. Trust your senses."

It insults your intelligence? LOL.

It works or I would not be able to play tennis right now. There is no one else who has ever posted that it does not work that I have seen. Yet you continue to say the same thing over and over in hopes that someone will agree.

mikeler
08-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Zverev we are all built different but it is surprising to me that you feel the kinetic system does not work. The 7G is so comfortable to my arm. Just wish I had bought it years ago.

Kcraig
08-05-2011, 08:36 AM
^^^^^
Relax....it's not religion.

I am pretty sure that 5g and 7g play considerably different.

Here is from user Kcraig:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=372601&highlight=kinetic&page=4
......started off warming up with the 5g for a 4.5 singles match/hit and could tell right off the bat I was really struggling with "depth." I usually like "low powered" frames, but this was very low powered. Also--maybe cause I was hitting higher in the hoop than normal, the 5g did not feel near as "plush" as the 7g. Serves with 5g--not GOOD at all!! Started off with 4 dubs in 2 service games-all were well short in the net!!! I was quickly down 0-3--that was enough for me. Pulled out the 7g! Ended up winning .................................................. ..............

"the 5g did not feel near as "plush" as the 7g" kind of echoes my own "not near as plush as any players frames I own".

Still stand by this. Now have 2 7gs and my arm is feeling better and better each go around. Granted I do have em strung with full multi (Xcel and NXT) but have no issues with control or spin. The 5g did not feel plush or stable and did not initially strike me as "super arm friendly." Albeit--I did not give it much of a go/chance--but the 7g just feels more stable, plush and solid and I did not get that "first impression" from the 5g.

Power Player
08-05-2011, 08:52 AM
I think the 7G is just a special stick..Thanks for demoing both Kcraig, saved a lot of us some time.

Zverev
08-05-2011, 07:58 PM
I admit that I have generalized in that post.
So I have edited it, pointing out that that my experience is based solely on 5g racket.
In my circles rant is welcome as it helps establishing the truth.
And an opinion that doesn't fit into established frames is double welcome. Life would be boring if we would allow ourselves to get stream rolled into one single opinion mass. That would be North Korea of tennis discussions.. And you, PP, kind of exhibiting intolerance to different opinions, no? Or, maybe just my imagination...
Anyway, as I can see, my and Kcraig's negative experience with 5g and your, guys, very positive experience with 7g ( because you don't have 5g experience, right?) fit perfectly into topic of this thread.
And I agree, everyone is different and 5g is friendlier than PD.
But for extremely sensitive (like mine, basically wrecked) arms, I would rather go to weight and flex, say like 200g Tour, or PB 10 Mid
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Dunlop_Aerogel_4D_200_Tour_2Hundred/descpageRCDUNLOP-D4D2T.html
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Volkl_Power_Bridge_10_Mid/descpageRCVOLKL-VPB10M.html
or it could be 7g, I might get to try it one day too.
Nobody has to agree, just read, make your own conclusions and get the right racket for yourself.

mikeler
08-06-2011, 07:48 AM
^^^ What strings were you using? I have not tried the 5G.