PDA

View Full Version : New Racquet Help

guigui1519
07-03-2005, 08:59 AM
Ok, so this may not be the right place to post this, but I hope it is. I'm an amateur tennis player and I have been playing since I was very young, I'm still really young (teenager) now. I warn you that I have little knowledge of the tennis racquet market. The last racquet I had and currently have somewhere but do not use is a "Techno Pro 265 Titanium" I have no clue where I got it but I assume it was from just a general sports store. The Second racquet I have is a "Prince Longbody Thunder 850 Power" This is my fathers racquet but it is much nicer than the techno. The Techno racquet has a huge face and tons of power, but no control whatsoever so it forced me to get into two handed forehands for a while when I was younger, but I'm now out of that. So, now I'm looking at getting into tennis at a competitive level and I consider myself a good player aside from serving, which is why I'm getting into tennis so that I can improve. As it is my birthday this summer I'm looking into getting a new racquet and I was wondering what you would recommend would be best for me, I have no idea how much information I need to provide for you to get an accurate idea of what's best for me, so just let me know if I need to provide more information. I'm athletic and tall and consider myself fast on my feet and I know that I'm looking for a racquet that doesn't have any more power than the Prince I currently own. Thanks a lot for your help.

* On the Techno Racquet there are quite a few markings, could you tell me what they mean?
SL3:4 3/8"Sl.
RA-Index: 60
Weight: 255-267

Thank You.

wtennis206
07-03-2005, 09:22 AM
Try the AeroPro or PD+. Also the LM Radical is a solid racquet.

southpaw37
07-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Go down to your local tennis shop and hit a bunch of rackets. Sometimes you won't even know what you are looking for until you find it. You are going to find a wide range of opinions on the board but the racket you should buy is the one that you are the most comfortable with. I've been using the same racket for 15 years and now going through the demo process. It is certainly a fun and interesting process.