PDA

View Full Version : I have invented a groundbreaking technology

Fed Kennedy
07-25-2011, 11:10 PM
I will share this with you guys for free because I like to party.

Now, this may or may not have been already present on the wilson pro staff tour 90 but I traded the racquet long ago and can't remember.

This may sound crazy anal but I texturized the outside throat of my racquet. It is very subtle but it creates a landing strip (tm) for my hand when prepping the racquet head. It is very sweet on the vanity one hander.
It is not a game changer but it is a feel enhancer.
I feel confident that landing strip (tm) technology could change the game.

Marcus
07-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Don't the new Dunlop biometrics have a texture to this area ?

TennisMaverick
07-25-2011, 11:16 PM
nnnnn

Delete ASAP!

Keep2urself.

Fed Kennedy
07-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Hmmmm...yes I think they do. Perhaps Dunlop users are enjoying landing strip (tm) technology as well.
I will have to look into that. It might explain Almagro's backhand.

Fed Kennedy
07-25-2011, 11:19 PM
Delete ASAP!

Keep2urself.

Tmav, I always value your perspective. Duly noted. What is up with that x8 315 my dude? :)

jorel
07-26-2011, 04:28 AM
original tour 90

Ross K
07-26-2011, 04:55 AM
I will share this with you guys for free because I like to party.

Now, this may or may not have been already present on the wilson pro staff tour 90 but I traded the racquet long ago and can't remember.

This may sound crazy anal but I texturized the outside throat of my racquet. It is very subtle but it creates a landing strip (tm) for my hand when prepping the racquet head. It is very sweet on the vanity one hander.

Fed, well I'll be. What a coincidence. Great minds must think alike eh? Because I, too, stumbled quite a few years back on my own 'feel enhancer,' though I use it sparingly (and carry it in a brown paper bag.) Basically (and it does slightly hinge on one's capacity to go through matches without too many visits to relieve oneself), post-match, in a methodical manner, I dispatch the entire contents of 3 or 4 cans of beer. Let me tell you Sir, I feel confident that getting a bit p***** up and 'merry' before a match could change the game for untold thousands. I know it changes my game.:)

R

Dan_magz
07-26-2011, 05:25 AM
The texture on the Dunlop rackets is meant for aerodynamics. It's the same principle as a golf ball; it's not the same as your landing strip idea.

TennisMaverick
07-26-2011, 05:40 AM
Tmav, I always value your perspective. Duly noted. What is up with that x8 315 my dude? :)

Two cancellations and a 4 day heat wave last week. I'm getting on court on the LES to teach a pro bono kids program in an hour, and afterwards, I will hit with it.

Remind me and leave a hit on the 315 thread, because I'll be too dead after 40 kids on one court to remember.

goran_ace
07-26-2011, 07:29 AM

what? umm ok...

Sentinel
07-26-2011, 07:53 AM
WHen i saw the thread title i was sure it was another thread by kiteboard. ;)

Amazing discovery.

Power Player
07-26-2011, 08:00 AM
what? umm ok...

The game as we know it has just been changed.

If you can not accept that, you will gradually learn to adjust over time.

goran_ace
07-26-2011, 08:10 AM
so first it's not a game changer but then it could change the game. so in addition to changing the game it also changes its ability to be a game changer. amazing!

Fed Kennedy
07-26-2011, 09:19 AM
It doesnt change your game, it enhances your feel, which in turn changes the game.
Thats how I see it.

Wilson was foolish to abandon the original landing strip concept.
They were on to something. This will be the next tournagrip.

Fed Kennedy
07-26-2011, 09:26 AM

Amazing discovery.

My biggest influences are kiteboard, fedace and dali

got spin?
07-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Don't the new Dunlop biometrics have a texture to this area ?

I think thats just for aerodynamics. I dont know how all these companies come up with these ridiculous technologies for aerodynamics. The only one I see doing much of any thing is the exo3 and 03 and the speedports.

retlod
07-26-2011, 10:00 AM
The texture on the Dunlop rackets is meant for aerodynamics. It's the same principle as a golf ball; it's not the same as your landing strip idea.

Oops, Dunlop. It's dimpled surfaces that reduce drag.

When I saw Fed started it, I had to come in and read it. :) Maybe the new technology could come in a thin, low-profile version called the "Brazilian."

Fed Kennedy
07-26-2011, 10:36 AM
Oops, Dunlop. It's dimpled surfaces that reduce drag.

When I saw Fed started it, I had to come in and read it. :) Maybe the new technology could come in a thin, low-profile version called the "Brazilian."

Exactly. No doubt younger players will flock to the Brazilian.
Aging players who prefer a little more feel will be better suited to a standard landing strip (tm).

Fed Kennedy
07-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Here we can see grey landing strips (shudder) integrated into the design of a pro staff tour 90.
Why Wilson abandoned this and switched to volcano dust, we will never know.
I place this somewhere between the discovery of penicillin and the advent of PWS on the global importance meter.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2263/2250766692_d445ca7f4b.jpg