PDA

View Full Version : Yonex RDiS 100 Mid+ comfort?

Joey
07-26-2011, 10:46 AM
I've read some contradicting comments on the comfort of this stick. Some say it has a harsh feeling and other solid and comfortable. I'm currently using the BLX Pro Tour and used the Prince Rebel 95 and RDS 200 Tour. How would you compare the RDiS 100 Mid+ comfort?

counterpuncher
07-26-2011, 04:43 PM
IMO it is a very string sensitive racquet.

Out of those racquets you listed I can only compare it to the RDS002 Tour and RDiS 200, I'm not sure which you were referring to ? It is stiffer than both of these, especially the RDS 002 Tour.

I started with WC SilverString @ 52 lbs and hated it, as it felt like a board. I was about to give up on it, when on my third hit, the string obviously had dropped tension and had softened up, which made the racquet feel about 100% better.

I'd recommend something to soften it up, whether that be a softer poly or a mutli, either in a full bed or hybrid.

Boricua
07-26-2011, 05:51 PM
For me it is comfortable. I like a hybrid with this racket to soften it but a full copoly is not harsh. Solid racket, great quality.

hacker
07-26-2011, 07:06 PM
I used the RDiS 100 MP for a short time and thought it was not very comfortable, but I was coming from Volkl which is great on feel. Decided to demo the RDiS 100 Mid and found that stick to have a better feel than the MP and fell very solid. Not sure why the MP felt harsh compared to the Mid other than maybe the the string setup.

BobFL
07-26-2011, 07:12 PM
For me it was incredibly harsh. It played harsher (believe it or not) than pure drive team (pre-cortex)! Both were strung with same string (K'baum Competition).

adso1973
07-27-2011, 05:39 AM
As Counterpouncher said I believe is very string sensitive.

I like polys, but it feels harsh.

Had my best results with K competition and leather grip.. but had my worst arm results as well and right now I can't pick it any more even with Syn Gut.

RDIS100 Mid is totally different, much more confortable, stable and great feeling racquet. It is also a more demanding frame as it is 93 and heavy.

Both great for spin, both nice amount of power (a controllable one in the mp and the right amount in the mid)

Hope this helps.

basil J
07-27-2011, 06:24 AM
I thought it palyed harsh in stock form. It flet a little tinny & hollw. I added 4 grms at 3:00 & 9;00 and it played very well with full gut and with a poly hybrid.

Joey
07-27-2011, 09:49 AM
I guess everyone has his own idea of comfortable vs harsh. What racquets would you say is comparable to the comfort level of the Yonex?

Geology_Rocks!
08-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Can anyone tell me if it's harsher than the ytk prestige pro? I'm using the prestige but looking for a more confortable option.

Thanks

scx
08-21-2011, 01:13 AM
after several years of playing with Prestige Mid, MP and during the last year with Prestige Pro, I've switched to the Vcore 98. Give it a try too.

Buckethead
08-21-2011, 05:49 AM
I've read some contradicting comments on the comfort of this stick. Some say it has a harsh feeling and other solid and comfortable. I'm currently using the BLX Pro Tour and used the Prince Rebel 95 and RDS 200 Tour. How would you compare the RDiS 100 Mid+ comfort?

It isn't harsh, it is nice and crisp racket if you like it, great all around just like the RDiS 100 mid, but if you're sensitive about injuries you have to play around with tension and desired strings, softer. No matter what racket I use , I always start at my regular tension and move up and down as needed, my usual tension is 54/51(Yonex Pro poly tour) for my RDS mid. The R-22(black Code) I have it on 51/48, the SRD tour with Yonex Poly Pro tour I have 55/52.

RDiS 200 has that plush feel(more comfortable), more spin friendly(IMO), a bit more powerful, still great control, great feel.

Both will be better than Pro Tour without a doubt, all you have to do is commit to it.

Now if you're really looking for a comfortable racket the Yonex Ultimum RD ti 80, either version, will blow your mind away, not to mention the control, this is my favorite of them all.

Buckethead
08-21-2011, 05:51 AM
Can anyone tell me if it's harsher than the ytk prestige pro? I'm using the prestige but looking for a more confortable option.

Thanks

It's about the same as the RDiS 100, but a much better racket in every department. RDiS 200 will be more comfortable than the PP and RDiS 100, and the URD Ti 80, is the ultimate comfortable, great feel racket.

nethawkwenatchee
08-21-2011, 08:27 AM
OP... Have you used a yonex frame in the past? The RDiS 100 (98") is worlds different to the Wilson or Head frames you mentioned.

The Yonex is a great- super stable, all around frame. I do think it's a more versatile frame than the others you mentioned and does require the right string set-up (for you) to acheive you're desired effect.

I can tell you what works for me... but surely our games are a different. I definately would recommend the RDis 100. Good Luck!