PDA

View Full Version : Why do prices vary from country to country?

PaulFCB
07-26-2011, 03:35 PM
I have a question related to the prices. Prices vary from country to country, for example a pair of Nike Air CourtBallistec 3.3 Men Shoe Blue/White is listed at 103 Euro for Romania but someone from France 90 ; Hungary, Italy, Austria 99 and Germany only 86.
I'm asking cause delivery prices vary anyway, why would these thinking they come from the exact same place, a German pays 86+4.50 while someone from Romania 103+15 thinking all these countries are from the E.U., probably non-EU are cheaper since they pay custom taxes+VAT anyway, even though I promise it's easy to give the postman at the customs office a dollar or two to ignore your ignorance towards the state budget :wink: ( joke! ).

TWE Staff
07-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Isnīt this the same for all products? Cars have different prices, Beer has and Big Macs as well. There is not a lot that we at TWE can do about this.
Thanks, Stefan/TWE

ericsson
07-31-2011, 04:59 AM
Isnīt this the same for all products? Cars have different prices, Beer has and Big Macs as well. There is not a lot that we at TWE can do about this.
Thanks, Stefan/TWE

This is true but what he probably meant is when you go to another tennis site you wont see that, only the shipping will be different, prices stay the same all over Europe...

vincent_tennis
07-31-2011, 08:04 PM
VAT. 10Char

Dave M
08-01-2011, 05:44 AM
Thanks, Stefan/TWE
Do you mean that the companies set a retail price that a product has to sell for in a certain country?Because if not, surely the pricing is up to you at TWE and therefore you can do something about it.
This is true but what he probably meant is when you go to another tennis site you wont see that, only the shipping will be different, prices stay the same all over Europe...

I noticed the price differences because I was switching between Euros and Ģ hadn't looked to see it change within the euro (I thought that was the point of the euro TBH) just assumed the differences were currency differences.All the other shops i've used online have a price and as someone else said the shipping is the variance.

TWE Staff
08-01-2011, 06:09 AM
Hello,
the manufactorer sets the price level with the MSRP.
When my colleagues from France are telling me how cheap they can buy, for example, a brandnew BMW... I tend to green with envy.
Same thing.

Stefan/TWE

rovex
08-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Which other similar business has this pricing system implemented though? It's no use bringing food/cars/beer into this seeing as it's completely unrelated and as I've mentioned I don't see any other tennis sites do the same concerning varying prices depending on which country you're situated?

I thought you guaranteed lowest prices?

TWE Staff
08-01-2011, 10:39 AM
We do guarantee lowest prices!
http://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/CustService/
#3.
Thanks, Stefan/TWE

forthegame
08-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Hello,
When my colleagues from France are telling me how cheap they can buy, for example, a brandnew BMW... I tend to green with envy.
Same thing.

Stefan/TWE

Stefan, I think you might have missed the point.

OP's not talking about MOVING to another country to buy goods, but actually buying from ONE online site and seeing price differences depending on which country you click.

Unless you are taking VAT differences into consideration.....

rovex
08-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Unless I've missed something, does your lowest price guarantee include shipping (cheapest option from the competitor of course) on top of what is being purchased?

Dave M
08-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Stefan, I think you might have missed the point.

OP's not talking about MOVING to another country to buy goods, but actually buying from ONE online site and seeing price differences depending on which country you click.

Unless you are taking VAT differences into consideration.....

I can't see how they are, I mean you pay your VAT (or whatever each country sets it as) at the point of purchase and if it's staying within europe then it won't get any more added when it gets to your country.I see what Stefan means about cars but I can't goto TW and haggle a massive discount on the price of a shirt, I can with a car.A MSRP should only come into it at the point of sale country, that's where it is being sold if Nike say its Ģ50 or 50 euro that means it's more in the UK but if I was buying it from TW i would expect to pay 50 euros as thats where i am buying from. I think it's the reason you can't ship some stuff out of the US from TW.

ericsson
08-02-2011, 12:20 AM
I can't see how they are, I mean you pay your VAT (or whatever each country sets it as) at the point of purchase and if it's staying within europe then it won't get any more added when it gets to your country.I see what Stefan means about cars but I can't goto TW and haggle a massive discount on the price of a shirt, I can with a car.A MSRP should only come into it at the point of sale country, that's where it is being sold if Nike say its Ģ50 or 50 euro that means it's more in the UK but if I was buying it from TW i would expect to pay 50 euros as thats where i am buying from. I think it's the reason you can't ship some stuff out of the US from TW.

Fully agree!

rovex
08-02-2011, 06:19 AM
No reply Stefan?

TWE Staff
08-02-2011, 07:03 AM
Unless I've missed something, does your lowest price guarantee include shipping (cheapest option from the competitor of course) on top of what is being purchased?

Our lowest price guarantee does not include shipping.

Thanks, Stefan/TWE

TennisLovaLova
08-03-2011, 04:55 AM
prices are higher in europe at tw
it is more interesting to by from tw usa, the dollar is so low right now
and then have it shipped to europe
that's what i always do

but the prices also depend on the VAT
and the local margins

origmarm
08-03-2011, 07:13 AM
A MSRP should only come into it at the point of sale country

Exactly. TW is the only website that has this issue. Every other website I've bought from will happily ship all over Europe without differentiated pricing.

I don't buy MAP or MSRP as an argument at all. It's a convenient excuse.

To take the BMW example: In the same way that I can order my BWM from Luxembourg, go and pick it up and drive it back and pay the same price as a Luxembourg resident. I can order it off the web and have it shipped. As indeed I have in the past. I pay a different shipping cost but that's it.

If TWE had a shop in every country this is different. In this case it's one physical location/point of sale.

PaulFCB
08-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Hello,

In other words, you are talking about a cartel :evil:.