PDA

View Full Version : Problems With Arch Placement !!

Big Server
07-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Tried searching the forum and could not find a thread so here goes.....I wear size 14 shoes and while I obviously have no problems finding my size, I DO have this problem.
The length of the shoes are fine BUT it seems that the shoe last DOES NOT move the arch farther back in the shoe but leaves it somewhere too far forward for me. The arch ends up being about an inch towards my forefoot instead of being where my arch is.
I have narrow feet and my Barricade V's and 3's were both the same way. Currently wearing ASICS and have the same problem. If anyone knows what I am referring to and can make a recommendation I sure would appreciate it. There must be experiencing the same issue. Thanks.

Big Server
07-28-2011, 10:00 AM
Maybe I should rephrase my questions. Who on this forum also wears large shoe sizes of say 14 plus who has found a pair that fits them well. And please state whether you have narrow or wide feet. Thanks again!

bryanalban
07-28-2011, 10:03 AM
I feel your pain. I'm going around with the exact same problem - I'm also a 14. I tried some Barricade 6's last night, and they felt great, except the arch felt like it was almost under the balls of my feet. Same think with the Breathe Zoom 2k10's.

Big Server
07-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Not that's what I am talking about! Thanks for the help as that is exactly what I am experiencing. I had Barricade V's and loved them except for the fact as you perfectly described with the arch being under the balls of my feet. And then if I pull out the shoes' existing insoles and put in some nice aftermarket ones I am paying that much more for my shoes AND it is not quite the same comfort as the shoe was designed for.

bryanalban
07-28-2011, 11:36 AM
See I have a double problem. I always have to put in aftermarket insoles, because I have flat feet. Even with Superfeet (green or black) I can still feel the arch too far forward.

The guy at the tennis shop I went to yesterday said that the arch will usually conform to your foot as they break-in. Not sure I want to buy a $100-$125 pair of shoes, hoping that one they break-in, they will become more comfortable in the arch.

Maroon_Tenniskid
07-28-2011, 04:40 PM
I don't have a large shoe size, I get the same problem because size 10 is too small and I always go with 10.5 which ends up being a bit too big, and the ball of my right foot ends up on the arch of the shoe. I put thinner insoles in my shoes and wore 2 pairs of socks and that worked better for me most other shoes do break in on the arch area though and for me the BV's broke in there and the B6's eventually broke in on the arch area. That's all I can say about that idk if it will be any help for you or not, but I know how you feel about awkward arch placement.

Fuji
07-28-2011, 08:58 PM
I wear size 13 and I have a lot of the same problem as you do, but only on my left foot! My right foot is fine, but my left always needs after market soles, regardless of the shoe.

I've actually gone back to using Gelly type insoles I got at Foot locker/Sportcheck, just plain generic blue gels, and they fit excellent in both feet.

-Fuji

MayDay
07-28-2011, 09:29 PM
If I were you I would spend some serious $$ on custom insoles from a foot doctor.

Big Server
07-29-2011, 12:10 AM
I did that when I had problems with plantar fasciitis. but have not used them in two years. just too stiff now for tennis.

Masamusou
07-30-2011, 08:30 AM
I wear size 14 as well, but I have orthotics that I just switch in and out of whatever shoes I'm wearing that day. Might be the best option.