PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth the change?

scez
07-03-2005, 12:17 PM
I currently use a lm radical mp and really like it. I tried the flexpoint radical tour and didnt like it, and then I tried the lm prestige mp and really liked it. Would it be worth it to change to the lm prestige mp even though it isnt much different the the lm radical mp? I can not get racquets that often, but my birthday is in late september and I could get it. Would it only be worth the change if I could use the mid size one? Also, should I just wait for fp prestige to come out? I heard it might be comming out around the us open, I forget if someone here said that, or my coach who is sponsored from head who I tried the racquets from.

ptuananh
07-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Try to hit with the Prestige for 3 hours continously and then you could make your decision. I am serious.

scez
07-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Well, I hit with it last time for around 2.5 hours, 1.5 of that was serving. And today I used it a bit for rallies and for more serves. Is one of the reasons I really liked its feel was because it had technifiber nrg2 which is a soft string compared to wilson stamina which I usualy use.

thejackal
07-03-2005, 06:42 PM
Voila, try NRG in the Radical. However I do think the Prestige is a sweet racket as well, either way you can't go wrong.

timmyboy
07-03-2005, 07:01 PM
mr. Safin's or Mr. Agassi's. ur choice.

Exile
07-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Agassi 'uses' OS.....

scez
07-04-2005, 01:04 PM
I am not at all persuaded by which pros use the racquet, I have "outgrown" that stage. Are both of the racquets made out of the same materials? Would the strings make that much of a difference? I was going to get them on my racquet the other day, but they were $44 canadian, so I didnt feel like spending that much money. But I might next time just to see how much better the feel of the lm radical will be.

FREDDY
07-04-2005, 03:50 PM
i dont understand the flexpoint kind of dumb. prince made holes in there rackets and head jocked. marketing scam. hahaha. i prolly got jipped on my crap too.

nViATi
07-04-2005, 04:18 PM
i dont understand the flexpoint kind of dumb. prince made holes in there rackets and head jocked. marketing scam. hahaha. i prolly got jipped on my crap too.
they have 2 totally different purposes. even if the LM in my LM PRestige does nothing does that suddenly make me suck? TECHNOLOGY IS NOT A FACTOR TO JUDGE RACQUETS BY. you judge a racquet by how it feels and plays. you shouldn't care what "tech" it has or what it doesn't have or what tech does "nothing". all that matters is how the racquet feels and plays.

scez
07-04-2005, 04:24 PM
I just added lead tape to my lm radical to see how it feels. And I will probably try the nrg2 next time my strings break. Here is a link to my thread I just posted about the lead tape http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=467092#post467092 . I would appreciate any input on if I did it properly.