PDA

View Full Version : Crack or Scratch?

ace_it_96
07-28-2011, 06:37 AM
So I have a babolat aero storm tour that I recently noticed a mark on. when i run my finger across it feels like a scratch and when I tap on it with my knuckles or tap it lightly on the ground it doesn't make any buzzing noise or anything so can anybody confirm my hypothesis of a scratch

pheonix6579
07-28-2011, 08:39 AM
a picture would help

ace_it_96
07-28-2011, 09:06 AM
I'm not able to do that but just from my description is it most likely a scratch? I never throw my rackets ever and the only stress they've been under is the occasional scoop volley

eleventeenth street
07-28-2011, 12:13 PM
how can someone here with only the information you've given them confirm anything? we can only give you the vaguest of ideas, which would probably be far less accurate than your own. if there's no difference in playability or sound or feel, than just assume it's a scratch. don't worry about it

Steve Huff
07-28-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here---it's a scratch.

Justin-JP
07-28-2011, 07:01 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here---it's a scratch.

Based on the high res image and detailed description he provided? :)

Magic 8 ball says a crack..

ace_it_96
07-29-2011, 07:01 AM
Magic 8 ball says a crack..[/QUOTE]

are you just joking or do you actually think it's a crack?

Migelowsky
07-29-2011, 07:32 AM
Fortune cookie said:

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1772/fortunecookiescratch.jpg

ace_it_96
07-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Fortune cookie said:

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1772/fortunecookiescratch.jpg

all right people i'm actually kinda concerned so if i could get one not sarcastic reply that'd be awesome

AceServer
07-29-2011, 11:50 AM
It's a scratch.

baba123
07-29-2011, 11:51 AM
can you still hit with it normally and not hear a weird ping????

Barricade V
07-29-2011, 11:57 AM
why are you unable to provide a picture? If you come on here and criticize our responses, you have to understand its a crapshoot. We can't give any definitive response without a picture.

Surely you got a cell phone lying around your house, a camera lying around your house, a computer camera on your laptop etc..

Or go to a friends house or work place (depending on your age) and grab a picture. Or go to a public library and take a picture with one of their supplied cameras. Or drive through a red light with the racquet held up at the windshield and wait for the photo to come in.

Any of these options would work, and it would work far better than guessing whether its a crack or scratch.

ace_it_96
07-29-2011, 01:01 PM
can you still hit with it normally and not hear a weird ping????

it still feels the same and plays fine and it's not getting any bigger as i've heard that cracks sometimes do

ace_it_96
07-29-2011, 01:02 PM
why are you unable to provide a picture? If you come on here and criticize our responses, you have to understand its a crapshoot. We can't give any definitive response without a picture.

Surely you got a cell phone lying around your house, a camera lying around your house, a computer camera on your laptop etc..

Or go to a friends house or work place (depending on your age) and grab a picture. Or go to a public library and take a picture with one of their supplied cameras. Or drive through a red light with the racquet held up at the windshield and wait for the photo to come in.

Any of these options would work, and it would work far better than guessing whether its a crack or scratch.

i don't have the photo upload software on our camera and i'm not criticizing your responses i just want honest opinions instead of wisecracks

Bud
07-29-2011, 01:37 PM
It's definitely a scrack :)

azn_lefty_roddick_jr
07-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Or drive through a red light with the racquet held up at the windshield and wait for the photo to come in.

+1 on that idea.

Picture is needed for confirmation of anything; it's not like our answers will influence the frame to make it a scratch or crack.

How long is the intruder? Small, barely noticeable, or can you see the graphite? Could be a paint disturbance, could be a hairline crack that'll get bigger with continuous play, who knows?

I see no sarcastic replies so far, as you're asking for help with almost no visual. I would venture to say it's a crack.

mad dog1
07-29-2011, 01:45 PM
i don't have the photo upload software on our camera and i'm not criticizing your responses i just want honest opinions instead of wisecracks

just try plugging the camera into the computer. it's possible windows explorer can handle it and you won't need the software.

ace_it_96
07-29-2011, 02:18 PM
+1 on that idea.

Picture is needed for confirmation of anything; it's not like our answers will influence the frame to make it a scratch or crack.

How long is the intruder? Small, barely noticeable, or can you see the graphite? Could be a paint disturbance, could be a hairline crack that'll get bigger with continuous play, who knows?

I see no sarcastic replies so far, as you're asking for help with almost no visual. I would venture to say it's a crack.

it's pretty small like maybe and inch long

eleventeenth street
07-29-2011, 05:30 PM
it's pretty small like maybe and inch long

are you trolling or do you not realize that this information is literally worthless in determining whether it is a scratch or a crack?

OneMoreShot
07-29-2011, 05:52 PM
It's definitely a scrack :)

I think it is more of a cratck

ace_it_96
07-29-2011, 06:08 PM
are you trolling or do you not realize that this information is literally worthless in determining whether it is a scratch or a crack?

all right sorry i tried to get some input from other people. i'm done with this thread

rufusbgood
07-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Thanks. This is the funniest thread on TW.

Edit:

BTW, ace, you'll find even a 2-1/2X magnifying glass effective for deciding something like this.

baba123
07-30-2011, 02:04 AM
it still feels the same and plays fine and it's not getting any bigger as i've heard that cracks sometimes do

its fine then if its playable and doesnt make a noise just keep playing with it or make it your second racket

pheonix6579
07-30-2011, 02:37 AM
Whats next...is he gonna start asking if the BLX Tour 90 is a good frame for him...ala adam :)

Faithfulfather
07-30-2011, 07:39 AM
Or drive through a red light with the racquet held up at the windshield and wait for the photo to come in.

I almost wet myself I laughed so hard!! This is one for the record books!

OrangePower
07-30-2011, 04:04 PM

Uh-oh. This is the surest indicator that it's a crack. Cracks are very devious that way - they hide their symptoms from you so that you are misled into thinking it's just a scratch. After all, if the racquet played differently, you'd know for sure it's a crack, and you'd get rid of the racquet. And the crack doesn't want that - it wants to be played with. So it hides. And waits. Until one day, your arm falls off!! Bwahahahahahahaaaa :twisted: