PDA

View Full Version : Head YT Prestige MP Question

tennisplayer3275
07-28-2011, 09:50 AM
I have been playing a little with a YT Prestige MP lately trying to decide if I like it and it's new technology. Compared to my MG Prestige MP's, this racket feels completely different...far less solid and not as stiff.

When serving or hitting a forehand, things feel ok. However, when I am hitting a one handed backhand or any volleys, the racket feels almost rubbery.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so, how did you fix it?

mrmo1115
07-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Felt a lot less solid than the FXP / MG versions. Did not like it.

Hankenstein
07-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Felt a lot less solid than the FXP / MG versions. Did not like it.

Confirmed! ( imo )

The youtek is not in the same league as the MG-line of frames. For example, the nice MG Radical is more solid then the youtek-dito. The MG Prestige feels much more solid compared to the youtek-dito. The only frame in the youtek-line that feels really solid is the youtek speed pro.

My personal Prestige-list would be like this:

1: I.Prestige = Simply the best! Solid, responsive, good feel

2: MG Prestige = Solid is keyword with this.

3: Flexpoint Prestige = Nice Power

4: Youtek Prestige = Better then the LM, lot less vibrations then LM-version

5: LM Prestige = Reminds me a bit of a softer version of the MG, but actually to soft and to many vibrations

6: Original non hocus-pocus Prestige = Sorry to say, but i dont really like the original Prestige. To demanding for my type of game. Dont feel confident with it. Would be interesting to have the Prestige Classic in a 630 version though because i love the PT630 for example...

tennisplayer3275
07-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Ok...so I guess the solution is sell the YouTeks and buy more Microgels.

hrstrat57
07-29-2011, 05:16 PM
I have been playing a little with a YT Prestige MP lately trying to decide if I like it and it's new technology. Compared to my MG Prestige MP's, this racket feels completely different...far less solid and not as stiff.

When serving or hitting a forehand, things feel ok. However, when I am hitting a one handed backhand or any volleys, the racket feels almost rubbery.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so, how did you fix it?

What is your setup?

My YT Prestige MP's play amazing, first chinese made Head frames I have owned and they are outstanding.

got spin?
07-29-2011, 05:23 PM
I have not used head but for four months now, but I have hit with an MG Rad Pro, I like this one better than my YT Rad Pro, unfortunately it was one of the other pros rackets. :(

tennisplayer3275
07-30-2011, 02:21 PM
My setup is the following:

Stock YT Prestige MP, 4 1/2 grip built up to a 4 5/8, Head hydrsorb grip with one layer of tournagrip. No lead, Technifibre NRG2 strings at 57lbs on the first, second is the same, only strung with Kirschbaum Pro Line II at 57lbs.

I haven't done any customization on either racket, but I am open. I have debated experimenting with some various lead placements so I am open to advice.

Both were gifts from my wife so I would hate to sell them off...

hrstrat57
07-30-2011, 07:17 PM

Stock YT Prestige MP, 4 1/2 grip built up to a 4 5/8, Head hydrsorb grip with one layer of tournagrip. No lead, Technifibre NRG2 strings at 57lbs on the first, second is the same, only strung with Kirschbaum Pro Line II at 57lbs.

I haven't done any customization on either racket, but I am open. I have debated experimenting with some various lead placements so I am open to advice.

I use Intellitour at 57 # and pumped up the frames with leather grips and 4 inches of lead at 3/9. I tried them first with just the leather grips and no lead (which is how my i Prestige MP's are set up) and I was hooking a lot of ground strokes. The lead slowed the head down a bit, now they are playing fantastic off both wings and serving great too.

I would think the NRG2 should be playing nicely as well....try bumping up the swingweight like I did and see if that does the trick for you.

Don't give up on them, great frame IMHO.

tennisplayer3275
08-04-2011, 08:36 PM
I tried the lead setup...4 inches at 3 and 9. The racket feels much more stable. Just have to get used to the minor change in the balance. Going to give them another chance. Thanks for the advice!

hrstrat57
08-05-2011, 03:08 AM
Changing to Babolat leather grip should increase the weight enough to return the balance to near stock.....if you don't want to use leather match the weight in/on the handle with either silicone or lead....or you could glue a same weight coin to the buttcap as a temporary test I guess.....

Good luck!

EKnee08
08-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Confirmed! ( imo )

The youtek is not in the same league as the MG-line of frames. For example, the nice MG Radical is more solid then the youtek-dito. The MG Prestige feels much more solid compared to the youtek-dito. The only frame in the youtek-line that feels really solid is the youtek speed pro.

My personal Prestige-list would be like this:

1: I.Prestige = Simply the best! Solid, responsive, good feel

2: MG Prestige = Solid is keyword with this.

3: Flexpoint Prestige = Nice Power

4: Youtek Prestige = Better then the LM, lot less vibrations then LM-version

5: LM Prestige = Reminds me a bit of a softer version of the MG, but actually to soft and to many vibrations

6: Original non hocus-pocus Prestige = Sorry to say, but i dont really like the original Prestige. To demanding for my type of game. Dont feel confident with it. Would be interesting to have the Prestige Classic in a 630 version though because i love the PT630 for example...

prestige classic in 660, believe was 102 head size.

West Coast Ace
08-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Ok...so I guess the solution is sell the YouTeks and buy more Microgels.My tennis shop told me a new Prestige is coming in Oct or Nov...

sman789
08-06-2011, 09:44 AM

You can try my setup:)
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=363912

But use removable weight setups first, lead sandwiched between cotton balls inside the handle and lead on the inside of hoop. Find what feels good.

Mike Werblin
08-06-2011, 03:36 PM
The OP found the Youtek Prestige-MP played LESS stiff than the Microgel Prestige-MP?? Interesting......I thought the general consensus was that the Youtek version was stiffer feeling than the Microgel version?