PDA

View Full Version : Question for Radical Pro users....

got spin?
07-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Do any of you that use the Radical Pro have forearm soreness or elbow pain after playing? Ive been using the Radical Pro for about 4 months now, ever since I started working at a HEAD sponsored club. I switched from the Pure Storm Limited GT. My curret string setup is RPM blast and Babolat Syn gut @58. I used this setup before I switched from the LTD too. Ive had pain in my elbow and forearm for about 2 months now. Ive tried gut, synthetic gut and Multis but nothing help my soreness. Does any one else have this problem with the Radical Pro, or even the MP?

FedExpress 333
07-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Il tell you one thing, and it is not from a pro user, but there isnow way in the universe that the head is more injury producing than the babolat. Just nooooo way.

TaihtDuhShaat
07-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Since you went from a 300-315 SW of the LTD to a 345 SW the Rad Pro, that could be the issue for your arm and elbow. The SW might be too high, leading to you hit late sometimes on forehands and serves affecting the elbow, and subconsciously making you use your wrist more affecting the forearm muscles. It talso doesn't help that you went from an arm friendly 9 pts HL LTD to a 2 pts HL Rad Pro which will be pulling on the forearm muscles in the follow thru.

Since you are limited to HEAD now, I would try the Radical MP. Once you add a leather grip and overgrip, it will have a familiar feel to the LTD and in some ways the Rad pro, with a more manageable 325 SW.

rlau
07-29-2011, 01:24 AM
there isnow way in the universe that the head is more injury producing than the babolat. Just nooooo way.

Errrr..... why not? The PSL is a very arm-friendly frame, unlike those light and stiff Pure Drives and AeroPro Drives. And it has a much lower swingweight than the Rad Pro, making it less hard on the arm and shoulder.

got spin?
07-29-2011, 05:32 AM
Since you went from a 300-315 SW of the LTD to a 345 SW the Rad Pro, that could be the issue for your arm and elbow. The SW might be too high, leading to you hit late sometimes on forehands and serves affecting the elbow, and subconsciously making you use your wrist more affecting the forearm muscles. It talso doesn't help that you went from an arm friendly 9 pts HL LTD to a 2 pts HL Rad Pro which will be pulling on the forearm muscles in the follow thru.

Since you are limited to HEAD now, I would try the Radical MP. Once you add a leather grip and overgrip, it will have a familiar feel to the LTD and in some ways the Rad pro, with a more manageable 325 SW.

The swing weight of my LTD was 350, I had alot of lead on the hoop.

vsbabolat
07-29-2011, 05:40 AM
Do any of you that use the Radical Pro have forearm soreness or elbow pain after playing? Ive been using the Radical Pro for about 4 months now, ever since I started working at a HEAD sponsored club. I switched from the Pure Storm Limited GT. My curret string setup is RPM blast and Babolat Syn gut @58. I used this setup before I switched from the LTD too. Ive had pain in my elbow and forearm for about 2 months now. Ive tried gut, synthetic gut and Multis but nothing help my soreness. Does any one else have this problem with the Radical Pro, or even the MP?

That is interesting that you went from the PSTL GT to the YT Radical Pro. I would have thought a Customized YT Radical MP or YT Prestige MP is something that you would have liked better. Sharapova seems to like the Pro Stock YT Radical Pro. She actually switched to it for her elbow and shoulder problems she was having with her Prince frames. So there you go different strokes for different folks.:)

got spin?
07-29-2011, 05:45 AM
My club told me to use the radical pro. I think its more of an endrosement thing for the members. We already had two pros on the Prestige and a girl pro with the extreme, so, presto I got to demo the radicals.

Power Player
07-29-2011, 06:26 AM
The balance is more head heavy and that may be bugging you. I loved that stick and used it for a while, but the balance annoyed my shoulder after a while. I liked the weight, so I didn't want to counter balance it.

vsbabolat
07-29-2011, 07:25 AM
My club told me to use the radical pro. I think its more of an endrosement thing for the members. We already had two pros on the Prestige and a girl pro with the extreme, so, presto I got to demo the radicals.

It is one thing for the club to want you to use a certain brand. But that is wrong to force you to use a particular model. That is the first time I have heard of something like that. The Club and Head should be just happy that you agree to use a Head product.

Power Player
07-29-2011, 07:26 AM

Aren't you a higher SW proponent?

got spin?
07-29-2011, 09:22 AM
It is one thing for the club to want you to use a certain brand. But that is wrong to force you to use a particular model. That is the first time I have heard of something like that. The Club and Head should be just happy that you agree to use a Head product.

Well, the prestige is just to heavy for me, the extreme is too stiff and the Speed I hear causes arm problems as it is. I think I would have ended up going with the radical anyway.

vsbabolat
07-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Well, the prestige is just to heavy for me, the extreme is too stiff and the Speed I hear causes arm problems as it is. I think I would have ended up going with the radical anyway.

Really, the YT Prestige MP is too heavy? It is very close in specs to the Babolat Pure Storm Limited GT:

HEAD YT Prestige MP:
98 sq. in. / 632.26 sq. cm.
Length: 27 inches / 68.58 cm
Strung Weight: 11.9oz / 337.36g
Balance: 7 pts HL
Swingweight: 318
Stiffness: 63

Babolat Pure Storm Limited:
95 sq. in. / 612.9 sq. cm.
Length: 27 inches / 68.58 cm
Strung Weight: 11.9oz / 337.36g
Balance: 9 pts Head Light
Swingweight: 313
Stiffness: 59

TaihtDuhShaat
07-29-2011, 12:36 PM
The swing weight of my LTD was 350, I had alot of lead on the hoop.

Then it could be a problem with the balance. Does the racquet head feel sluggish thru the forehand, or does it feel like it moves too fast thru? Also, what were the specs of your LTD?

got spin?
07-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Then it could be a problem with the balance. Does the racquet head feel sluggish thru the forehand, or does it feel like it moves too fast thru? Also, what were the specs of your LTD?

I cant remember, I will have to check next time I go back to my parents house in Richmond, I left my old gear there that I have no use for.

Ross K
07-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Unfortunately because I loved the groundstrokes and feel (frame is a b-line monster), I had REAL problems with the YTRP re sore shoulder, arm, wrist, etc. And though I think I went to it after contracting the problem with another frame before (and I also think using dead poly too long before that also contributed), I'm convinced all that weight in the hoop, and the closer to even h/light balance than I'm used to, had a major negative impact on me. I can still recall the excruciating pains that used to shoot through my arm, especially on serve. So I moved away to frames with a friendlier (for me) balance and weighting, and learnt more about strings, etc. BTW I was effected for around 3 months until the soreness issues subsided.

R

HiroProtagonist
07-29-2011, 01:30 PM
In another thread you stated that you played with a 13oz even balanced RadPro in addition to a stock one.

If you can swing that beast around, which kinda scares me and I'm used to 13oz frames, I would think the Prestige MP would be a walk in the park.

Also seeing as you said you had a lot of lead in the hoop of your PSL bringing the SW up to 350 I dont understand how you can say the Prestige MP is too heavy......something is not adding up.

got spin?
07-29-2011, 02:09 PM
In another thread you stated that you played with a 13oz even balanced RadPro in addition to a stock one.

If you can swing that beast around, which kinda scares me and I'm used to 13oz frames, I would think the Prestige MP would be a walk in the park.

Also seeing as you said you had a lot of lead in the hoop of your PSL bringing the SW up to 350 I dont understand how you can say the Prestige MP is too heavy......something is not adding up.

Yes, I have two Stock ones and two customized ones, I cannot decide if both or either are giving me problems. And what I meant by the prestige MP being too "heavy" was it just feels to sluggish at contact due to the head light balance. It makes it feel heavy when the ball impacts. Im sure the prestige would do fine if I had lead around the hoop. Back on the Rads... I have customized two Rads to the specs of my old PSLTDs, or close as I could get to it. I am trying to decide if it is the stock ones giving me pains or the custom ones giving me pains. The custom ones are even balance as compared to my LTDS.

vsbabolat
07-29-2011, 02:48 PM

I know. A head light balance 13 oz racquet is going to be more maneuverable (easier to swing) than a even balance 13 oz racquet....... Maybe that is the problem. Maybe he needs to go to a head light balance.....

rlau
11-07-2011, 05:38 AM
Then it could be a problem with the balance.

Has anybody tried the YTRP with 10-15 grams of silicone in the handle and a synthethic replacement grip instead of the stock leather one?

wao
11-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Do any of you that use the Radical Pro have forearm soreness or elbow pain after playing? Ive been using the Radical Pro for about 4 months now, ever since I started working at a HEAD sponsored club. I switched from the Pure Storm Limited GT. My curret string setup is RPM blast and Babolat Syn gut @58. I used this setup before I switched from the LTD too. Ive had pain in my elbow and forearm for about 2 months now. Ive tried gut, synthetic gut and Multis but nothing help my soreness. Does any one else have this problem with the Radical Pro, or even the MP?I used the rad pro's for years and didn't have any arm problems. Mine where weighing in at about 12.4oz. Using a variety of poly/multi hybrids. I switched to the IG speed 315 and haven't had any arm issues. Was looking for s lighter more powerful stick.