PDA

View Full Version : Head YouTek IG Speed Elite vs Head YouTek Instinct IG MP

vaporgirl
07-30-2011, 07:37 AM
Hi,

I've been demoing both of these although unfortunately I've not been able to get them at the same time. Would really like to hear thoughts about both of these racquets. I'm an experienced 3.5/4.0 level player moving up from a Wilson K Zen Team that was customized with bit of lead in at the tip of the head of the racquet.

I liked the Speed Elite, although the demo stringing was so loose (under 50lbs) that I sometimes found it difficult to control my shots. When I dialed back a bit, it seemed to have a good mix of power and control and seemed easy on my tennis elbow compromised arm. I suspect that if the racquet were strung properly it'd be a good stick for me.

However, Head has been so behind in delivering the racquet to my club, that I ended up demoing the Instinct when it came in. This stick is even more maneuverable than the Speed Elite - but felt a tad light, and I haven't been able to get a good pop on my serve with it. The stringing makes it feel like I'm hitting with a pillow at times - it's dampened without a dampener on the racquet. Yet I seem to be getting a better mix of power and control than with the Speed Elite.

Would love to hear your opinions if you've tried either of these.

cb