PDA

View Full Version : Aerogel 4D Super-Light as Ultimate Hairpin?

travlerajm
07-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Hate the hideous pink color, but this frame looks interesting as a customization platform.

It's so unusually light (8.6 oz. strung) and low SW (290), and for an OS has a dense pattern in the center (the one thing that I don't like about my custom O3 Red is the overly open pattern).

I'm really curious how this frame would play if I leaded it up to my preferred specs (as in my signature). I'd probably stash 3-4 layers of lead under the bumper just to get started - the big weight differential between the upper hoop and lower hoop ought to make for a enormous sweet spot.

Edit: just discovered that TW photoshopped the stringbed in the photo to look denser than it really is. Less interested now.

movdqa
07-30-2011, 03:45 PM
What do you think of the Blade Team?

Not as light but it's an XL and it looks light enough to customize. For me, the flex number is nice too.

travlerajm
07-30-2011, 03:57 PM
What do you think of the Blade Team?

Not as light but it's an XL and it looks light enough to customize. For me, the flex number is nice too.

Would consider it for myself if it was stiffer. Everything else looks great - I really like the 104-105 headsize and denser pattern.
But I like a stiff frame for crisp net play.

travlerajm
07-30-2011, 04:03 PM
The Addidas feather looks really interesting too... still a little softer than I'm looking for at 61 RA, but maybe...

movdqa
07-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Where do you see Adidas?

The YouTek Instincts may have what you are looking for. Way to stiff for me but the Instinct S is really light and 69 flex. You might like my 238.4 XL - 63 RA and 27.75 inches. It's my main racquet until I get something a little softer. The pain about tgks is getting them. I prefer XLs but they are very hard to come by.

I have been looking around at retail sticks too.

TaihtDuhShaat
07-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Hate the hideous pink color, but this frame looks interesting as a customization platform.

It's so unusually light (8.6 oz. strung) and low SW (290), and for an OS has a dense pattern in the center (the one thing that I don't like about my custom O3 Red is the overly open pattern).

I'm really curious how this frame would play if I leaded it up to my preferred specs (as in my signature). I'd probably stash 3-4 layers of lead under the bumper just to get started - the big weight differential between the upper hoop and lower hoop ought to make for a enormous sweet spot.

Edit: just discovered that TW photoshopped the stringbed in the photo to look denser than it really is. Less interested now.

Hey Travler,

how about the Prince EXO3 Tour Junior 26.5+?

It is 264 g, 268sw, 2 pts HH and you can easily add the 1/2 inch to start out with a ~285 SW? It's a 56RA, which could make an awesome groundstroke frame.

I'm thinking about trying this one out. Adding 38-45 g to the head, and 75g to the handle.