PDA

View Full Version : Please stop photoshopping fake stringbeds into photos of unstrung frames

travlerajm
07-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Specifically, I am referring to the Plan View photos of racquets in the online catalog, where pictures of an unstrung frame have been taken, and then a faked image of a stringbed has been added.

For buyers that pay a lot of attention to racquet playing characteristics, the stringbed density is a critical spec. And string pattern alone doesn't tell the whole story.

I was about to buy a racquet because I thought it was similar to my current racquet but with the denser stringbed I was looking for. But then I noticed that the Plan View stringbed photo was faked, and that the pattern was actually more open than I thought.

I would like to request that Plan View photos are taken of Strung frames if possible.

Thanks

VGP
07-30-2011, 05:50 PM
Yes it's fake, but on the alternate views, the strings would obscure the cosmetics of the frame.

As for branding, I assume the racket companies would prefer their stencils represented somehow.

For those that string bed density is a "critical spec" a photoshopped logo isn't going to deter them from making their decisions. In those cases, an actual physical demo experience is highly recommended.

zapvor
08-09-2011, 08:02 PM
yea...i dont know...are you reading this request???? just freaking demo the stick. oh wait the pixel resolution is not high enough i cant tell if the frame is really this shade of red. thats going to ruin my swingweight

SFrazeur
08-09-2011, 08:20 PM
I actually do agree that it would be nice to see a picture of what the string pattern actually looks like.

Perhaps this can be added to TW University? That would be a good place. That way the pictures do not have to be as polished as they would for the product pages.

-SF

jorel
08-10-2011, 05:29 AM
what they should really do is provide the string spacing measurements between each string

an 18x20 in one racquet isnt 18x20 in another racquet...

for example the old fisher pro one was a 16x20 but due to the tight pattern of the mains in the center... it was more like an 18x20

jmverdugo
08-10-2011, 06:06 AM
I would just add a comment saying: " pictures for reference only, actual stringbed may be different from the one in the picture, you can't guess the feeling of a racquet by a picture but you can demo it for free with our Demo Program..." ;)

zapvor
08-12-2011, 10:21 AM
I would just add a comment saying: " pictures for reference only, actual stringbed may be different from the one in the picture, you can't guess the feeling of a racquet by a picture but you can demo it for free with our Demo Program..." ;)

yea like this

XFactorer
08-13-2011, 12:43 PM

Man.... this is becoming one of those "Warning: WARNING!" type deals where there are disclaimers on EVERYTHING.

I cannot speak for TW, but it seems like Photoshopping in the generic stencil (not even the whole string bed) just helps consumers easily spot the brands they want.

I would like to see pics added of a strung, stenciled racquet, but I also know that would be a lot of work! But in the end, it doesn't affect my buying habits since I have to try out the racquet before I buy. Having the extra picture would just be having the extra eye candy for when I lust over a new racquet.