PDA

View Full Version : Pro Kennex

timmyboy
07-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Is it any good? because from what i saw from it, what i'm thinking is TOTAL *****! am I right or wrong? any pros use it?

La Bomba
07-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Na, i tried the kinetic pro 5g and i liked it, no vibration, more manueverable than the ncode tour 90 for a 366gram racquet,good power and excellent control. For me it swung a tad heavy. But it is a great players racquet.

Gaines Hillix
07-04-2005, 07:00 AM
Pro Kennex frames are very under rated, IMO. The Kenetic/Ionic frames have a loyal following and I like the Laver Heritage series(TYPE C, R and S). They don't spend the big sponsorship dollars on pro players.

North
07-04-2005, 10:19 AM
I have a Kinetic Pro 5G, which I picked after demoing a lot of racquets. The racquet I started with was the Prince More Control DB OS but I wanted something with more substance and even more manueverable at the net. The Pro 5G is very agile at the net (even when I'm not), but also lets me hit hard from the baseline. I find it stable with no vibration to speak of, and with good control. For me it's very easy to swing and, if anything, can have a little too much power - which was easily remedied by just stringing a little tighter. I kind of stumbled onto this racquet as it had all the specs I like in a racquet. I've been pleasantly surprised. ProKennex should promote themselves more as this is really a good racquet that seems to get overlooked.

diredesire
07-04-2005, 01:02 PM
First of all, ProKennex is a company, not a racquet. So you might have picked up a garbage cheap $20 frame for all we know. IMO PK is one of THE most underrated company, as Gaines said. It is actually one of the larger/largest companies, as they did OEM racquets for other manufacturers years back (i have no clue if they still do...)

They have various lines of racquets tailored for different types of players, their kinetic series 5g, 7g, etc are all great racquets for people with arm problems, They're incredibly comfortable and are great for people with tennis elbow etc. String them up with gut and you've got the ultimate set up for an injured player (such as nerve damage)

They don't promote themselves, and people generally think of PK as a "not so great" company because of it. AFAIK, PK SOLD the mold to babolat for the PD, although my facts could be wrong on this count.

krnboijunsung
07-04-2005, 01:24 PM
Ive never seen a crappy ProKennex racquet for 20 bucks. I've only seen those from Wilson, Head, and Prince.

bdaniels
07-04-2005, 02:10 PM
It is actually one of the larger/largest companies, as they did OEM racquets for other manufacturers years back (i have no clue if they still do...)

I believe they were making some of the top of the line Prince sticks a while back.

PK is an awesome company, the 7G is one of the best racquet's I have had the pleasure of playing with. I just couldn't get past the "maraca" effect from the kinetic technology...but like they say on their website, "Our technology isn't for everyone." It takes a lot of confidence in ones product to be able to say that, and PK deserves every bit of success they get.

galain
07-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Timmyboy

How do you come by your opinion? What was your experience with PK? As others have said, they are a very underrated company with quality products. I'd be hard pushed to criticise any of the PK frames I've hit with over the years.

Tennisaurus
07-04-2005, 05:15 PM
I went to the PK5G and PK7G, after having developed a very nasty case of TE using a big brand name stick. I had never heard of Pro Kennex before developing TE due to the facts that the pro shops usually offer just the big name brands - there are no tennis stars marketing PKs. As I was dealing with TE and learning more about how racquets may harm the arm and shoulder I started learning about Pro Kennex' line of racquets and demo'ed them.

I find the PK5G and PK7G excellent sticks, in their own right, but protective for those of us who are dealing with the TE scourge.

Recently I demo'ed the PK - R and the Ionic 5Ki and liked them both for playability and arm comfort.

IMO, Pro Kennex provides a nice selection of racquets but with arm safety as a high priority.

diredesire
07-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Ive never seen a crappy ProKennex racquet for 20 bucks. I've only seen those from Wilson, Head, and Prince.

There are plenty of pre-strung PK racquets, but again, they don't have the market penetration that wilson or prince enjoys, you do see them sometimes. The ones i have encountered are actually of decent quality, too! It's pretty impressive.

LoveThisGame
07-04-2005, 06:42 PM
If I recall correctly, Pro Kennex or its parent company makes many of the frames on the market. The make to spec. Strings are produced likewise by a few Far East companies.