PDA

View Full Version : Wilson BLX Tour vs Yonex RQIS 1 Tour 95

mctoasted1
07-30-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm 14 years old & i'm currently playing with the Wilson K Zen Team, as i have for 3-4 years. Out of these two tennis racquets, i'm looking for a racquet with great spin and potential pop, but friendly on the arm.

Thanks in advance! :)

Fuji
07-31-2011, 09:17 AM
I still have a Yonex RQiS 1 Tour kicking around in my bag for days when I need a low powered frame to really hit out with. I think it's one of the comfiest frames I own, and it's a really sweet hit. Low powered and AMAZING spin potential.

It doesn't really have the pop of a tweener stick, but I think it's a great stick none the less.

Any questions on it and I will try my best to answer! :)

-Fuji

Rexking
07-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Yonex RQIS 1 Tour no question if you want an arm friendly racquet with plenty of spin and pop.

edman9898
07-31-2011, 12:36 PM
I don't know about the Tour but I played the Tour 95 XL. It was a great stick but i found myself shanking more than with other 95 inch heads (it could be me). As for playability, definitely go with the Yonex. When you're in trouble, theres no getting out of it with the BLX Tour.

fuzz nation
08-02-2011, 06:29 AM
So from the sounds of things... you want a racquet that does it all. HA! Good for you - and welcome to the club.

Good input above - our pal Fuji and I seem to have had a very similar experience with the RQiS 1 Tour. It's a super-cozy hitter with humonga-chunga spin potential in my book. My go-to racquet is the similarly soft and civilized Volkl C10, which gives me a healthier dose of power due in part to the heft it brings to the equation. I did touch up my Yonex with some lead tape at 3/9 o'clock and loved the extra stability that gave me along with the same soft feel and superb control.

Coming from the light-and-stiff KZen, I think you're looking in the right direction with the Yonex, but I'm also curious about your other option. Have you ever tried the BLX Tour? I'd bet that a Wilson option that would give you more of what you're looking for might be the BLX Pro Tour. Just my suspicion, but I haven't tried them myself.

Gasolina
08-02-2011, 06:40 AM
It's a bit weird why you're comparing two pretty different sticks. The BLX Tour is even balanced, with lots of plow and a lot have complained about its lack of maneuverability at the net. It's like a tweener with a cannon.

The RQiS is a low powered head light frame. And with the 16/18 pattern you can produce ridiculous spin. A true players racquet.