PDA

View Full Version : Volkl C10 Pro mid

lilxjohnyy
08-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Just wondering about the history of this racket and how it plays. It appears the mid plus form of this racket is very popular. However there appears not to be much information about the mid version

TennisMaverick
08-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Just wondering about the history of this racket and how it plays. It appears the mid plus form of this racket is very popular. However there appears not to be much information about the mid version

I played with this frame, and just sold all that I had back to a Volkl exec. They had a limited, world wide distribution, but were not released for a year after the C 10 Pro, instead of 6 months after. It is obviously the first iteration of the DNX 10 Mid and PB 10 Mid. The C 10 Pro Tour was a nice frame for 2000. Solid, good control, and did not need to be strung too tightly to control the 16 mains, but it was a little stiff for a Volkl when strung to achieve that needed control.

They then went to the 18 mains in the T10 Mid to control the power of the 20mm beam. Some liked it, some didn't. I couldn't control the power, but they are re-releasing it with Delta Core in the new London Tour, which plays very much like the original Head Prestige. Subsequently, they followed-up with the T10 VE Mid, which is my favorite--even though the PB 10 Mid, soon to be their third classic frame, is so great. Unfortunately, people had issues with the V-Engine look, so they went back to the C 10 Pro Tour mold with the DNX 10 Mid, and then refined that nano frame with the PB 10 Mid.

If you really want the C 10 Pro Tour, there are two for sale here on the FS thread. Otherwise, the DNX 10 Mid--I have two gathering dust--is closer to it than the PB 10 Mid.

Shasha
08-02-2011, 01:04 PM
There's a club of the Völkl C10 Pro.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=390055

TennisMaverick
08-02-2011, 01:36 PM
There's a club of the Völkl C10 Pro.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=390055

He's talking about the mid, the C10 Pro Tour.

Shasha
08-02-2011, 02:01 PM
He's talking about the mid, the C10 Pro Tour.

I know, the "club" includes it. :)