PDA

View Full Version : Why does Babolat have different RDCs?

topseed
08-02-2011, 08:06 AM
Why does a specific racket like the AP Lite have different RDCs in different sites? Which is which?

Like for example...

Babolat RDC stiffness rating for the AeroPro Lite is 73 here in TW and some says its 72 on a different site? Also, the balance point... its says 3 pts HH for TW and some site says its 1 pt HL. I have seen an AP Lite with me from a friend and it says 340mm/1 pt HL.

Im confused now...

Thanks in advance for the reply. :confused:

BobFL
08-02-2011, 08:37 AM
Tolerance for stiffness is +/- 3, balance +/- 7mm (1 point is cca. 3mm).

TW takes measurements of strung racquets.

topseed
08-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Tolerance for stiffness is +/- 3, balance +/- 7mm (1 point is cca. 3mm).

TW takes measurements of strung racquets.

Thanks Bob for the explanation.... :)

TheOneHander
08-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Why does a specific racket like the AP Lite have different RDCs in different sites? Which is which?

Like for example...

Babolat RDC stiffness rating for the AeroPro Lite is 73 here in TW and some says its 72 on a different site? Also, the balance point... its says 3 pts HH for TW and some site says its 1 pt HL. I have seen an AP Lite with me from a friend and it says 340mm/1 pt HL.

Im confused now...

Thanks in advance for the reply. :confused:
Your friend's racquet reads like that because it lists the unstrung specs. the strings add about 17g, making the racquet approximately 3 or 4 more points head heavy. Strings can affect the stiffness as well, but the difference of one point isn't too concerning. That may be because of the individual machines.