PDA

View Full Version : Donnay new XP dual demo on the way

levy1
08-02-2011, 09:29 AM
I am back in the racket hunt and sorry to say I am back to demos. At 63 I have decided to go to around a 11oz weight. I am trying to stay into tweaner rackets as I am a USTA 3.5. The Donnays have always intrigued me but I did not see anything with a higher power level then low and I need a little more. Searching around I found a few positive demos on the new XP Dual. The closest racket on TW now is the X Black which I had removed from my list due to the lower power level. I called Donnay and they told me the new XP Dual had more power. I found a demo and I will post sometime around this weekend after I play with it. There seems to be a lot of excitement with these rackets and the solid core sounds interesting. They are letting me use a customizing kit with the demo but I cannot see it being better then plain old lead tape although sometimes it is a pain getting lead in the bottom of the butt cap.

cayzi
08-02-2011, 01:11 PM
waiting... :)

Miami Tiburon
08-02-2011, 05:56 PM
I am back in the racket hunt and sorry to say I am back to demos. At 63 I have decided to go to around a 11oz weight. I am trying to stay into tweaner rackets as I am a USTA 3.5. The Donnays have always intrigued me but I did not see anything with a higher power level then low and I need a little more. Searching around I found a few positive demos on the new XP Dual. The closest racket on TW now is the X Black which I had removed from my list due to the lower power level. I called Donnay and they told me the new XP Dual had more power. I found a demo and I will post sometime around this weekend after I play with it. There seems to be a lot of excitement with these rackets and the solid core sounds interesting. They are letting me use a customizing kit with the demo but I cannot see it being better then plain old lead tape although sometimes it is a pain getting lead in the bottom of the butt cap.

Lead tape is great , but I like the kit its presice each bar is 3 grams
and the buttcaps are 5 and 10 grams. I think you will like the
XP Dual very solid racquet.

levy1
08-02-2011, 07:05 PM

What are you hitting with and what is your setup?

Miami Tiburon
08-02-2011, 07:52 PM
What are you hitting with and what is your setup?

X Dual Pro - MSV Hex 18L at 54 lbs.

vegasgt3
08-02-2011, 09:54 PM

Wow, I have the Black and it s a rocket launcher for me. I'm looking to tame it. Currently strung with x-1 @55 and it is very hard to control.

captainobvious
08-03-2011, 07:50 AM

I agree MT. Its nice to keep it looking clean as well. The kit is a very nice option. So far, I havent added any to my XPD, but I will play around with it more as I get adjusted to it.

Levy- another thing you'll enjoy about this racquet (with good stringing) is the comfort. Has nice ball pocketing and highly comfortable.

cayzi
08-24-2011, 01:56 PM
levy1 what did you find out about the frame?

Thanks,