PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Boris Becker Delta Core Pro?

Paul Iwanaga
08-02-2011, 04:11 PM
BB Delta Core Pro price has been reduced at TW. I have not seen any information on this racquet other than what is on the TW page. Does anyone know how this racquet plays? I have read all the comments but they do not say much. My current racquet is the BB London. Previous racquets include Wilson Prostaff 95 6.0, Wilson Ncode 6.1 95, and Volkl DNX 8 which was way too stiff for my game.

TennisMaverick
08-02-2011, 04:22 PM
BB Delta Core Pro price has been reduced at TW. I have not seen any information on this racquet other than what is on the TW page. Does anyone know how this racquet plays? I have read all the comments but they do not say much. My current racquet is the BB London. Previous racquets include Wilson Prostaff 95 6.0, Wilson Ncode 6.1 95, and Volkl DNX 8 which was way too stiff for my game.

All of your previous racquets are stiff. The London and the DC Pro are not. However, each stick is designed for a different type of game. What is yours?

dParis
08-02-2011, 04:48 PM
I think plenty has been said on this forum about the Becker DC Pro, but, whatever...

The racquet plays powerful, comfortable and lively. It defends well and has a very generous sweetspot. You can bomb serves with plenty of pace and spin and it's even adequate to finish off points at the net, but it's not the most nuanced of racquets. It doesn't encourage pinpoint control and asks you to spend most of your time on the baseline.

Out of the racquets you mention, the DNX8 is the only one in the same ball park.

Paul Iwanaga
08-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Thank you for the comments.
I have a baseline game with long strokes, 1 hand backhand, topsin and slice off both sides, Wiith the London I find I can follow my shots to the net due to better placement. opponents said I hit vrey hard with DNX8 but my arm really suffered on off-center hits. I sold them and went back to my old Wilsons.

dParis
08-02-2011, 05:12 PM
The London is the only racquet you mention that I would consider an arm-saver. I've never hit with the DNX8 but the DC Pro has a larger sweetspot than any of the Volkl 8's that I have tried which include the Tour 8, PB8-295, PB8-315 and the Organix 8-300. The large sweetspot and perhaps the DeltaCore lay up make the DC Pro pretty comfortable. I consider it fairly arm-friendly, especially when compared to other racquets in its class.

TennisMaverick
08-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Thank you for the comments.
I have a baseline game with long strokes, 1 hand backhand, topsin and slice off both sides, Wiith the London I find I can follow my shots to the net due to better placement. opponents said I hit vrey hard with DNX8 but my arm really suffered on off-center hits. I sold them and went back to my old Wilsons.

Then stick with the London; it's designed for your style of play. The DC Pro and all of the Volkl 8 Line are designed for fast rotational strokes and heavy topspin.

nickarnold2000
08-03-2011, 07:08 AM
I absolutely love mine but it never really caught on with players here(or else they didn't post much about it). It's a steal now with the reduced price.

TennisMaverick
08-03-2011, 10:13 AM
I absolutely love mine but it never really caught on with players here(or else they didn't post much about it). It's a steal now with the reduced price.

It's really a great stick; all of the DC sticks are, but the graphics didn't take to most people. That happened to the Sportster as well, which was the black/silver BB V1, a best seller, but improved with DC from the DNX.

dParis
08-03-2011, 10:39 AM
It's really a great stick; all of the DC sticks are, but the graphics didn't take to most people. That happened to the Sportster as well, which was the black/silver BB V1, a best seller, but improved with DC from the DNX.
I think the PJ/graphics are exceptional on the DC Pro. It's the Becker marketing that people don't take to, I believe. None of their frames sell great, the London being the exception rather than the rule - and though the London sells good relative to other Volkl/Becker frames, I wonder how total units stack up against other "big selling" frames.

And where's that Becker website that's supposed to up and running??? :-?

TennisMaverick
08-03-2011, 12:26 PM
I think the PJ/graphics are exceptional on the DC Pro. It's the Becker marketing that people don't take to, I believe. None of their frames sell great, the London being the exception rather than the rule - and though the London sells good relative to other Volkl/Becker frames, I wonder how total units stack up against other "big selling" frames.

And where's that Becker website that's supposed to up and running??? :-?

The retailers shot down the graphics, tied into the the anti-Boris name on the sticks. Even the London hasn't put them on the racks. However, the new London Tour, is bringing them around as the new Prestige with Volkl feel, and has racked-up orders on both Londons. I'm personally stringing five demos as a favor for a dozen member sales team much like TW's from Volkl's #1 brick-n-morter on 19th/Broadway who are play-testing the London Tour, X8 315, and the Melbourne.

Website...have some patience.....

NEWS: "BB site will be up in somewhat raw form in a day or 2"

banter
08-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Overall, I like the racquet. It's main stick right now.

dParis nailed it. I cannot describe the DC Pro any better.

I would like to add that the racquet is, so far at least, fairly forgiving on my arm.

Paul Iwanaga
08-04-2011, 07:15 AM
Any rumors on a replacement for the DC Pro?

catfish
08-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Overall, I like the racquet. It's main stick right now.

dParis nailed it. I cannot describe the DC Pro any better.

I would like to add that the racquet is, so far at least, fairly forgiving on my arm.

I agree with this and dParis. I've been using the DC pro for about a year and have not had any arm issues. However, I string mine at 52 lbs and I use natural gut. I know 2 other people who used the DC pro and did have some shoulder and elbow issues.

TennisMaverick
08-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Any rumors on a replacement for the DC Pro?

Unless there is a change, there won't won't be, from what I was last told; it's currently not on the update table. The London is a killer, and the London Tour is racking-up orders. The Melbourne is starting to pick-up, so that maybe all she wrote for the BB Line for now.

I suggest that you give the X8 300 a ride. It is closer to the DC Pro than the X 8 315 is.

ollinger
08-04-2011, 11:45 AM
I found the racquet very soft and not very memorable, comfortable but very average performance, handled like an old Buick, no precision in the steering.

dParis
08-04-2011, 02:24 PM
I found the racquet very soft and not very memorable, comfortable but very average performance, handled like an old Buick, no precision in the steering.
Yes, precision isn't the first adjective I'd associate with the DC Pro. I can see why you said it handled like an old Buick but I'd add - an old Buick with a Saturn V engine shoved in the trunk.

Boricua
08-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Then stick with the London; it's designed for your style of play. The DC Pro and all of the Volkl 8 Line are designed for fast rotational strokes and heavy topspin.

What is the main diffeence between the X8 and the DC Pro? Are they similar in power and control?

TennisMaverick
08-15-2011, 11:57 AM
What is the main diffeence between the X8 and the DC Pro? Are they similar in power and control?

Which X8?

But either way, the X-Line is more solid, more arm friendly then the PB-Line, and better balanced than the DC-Pro with a different feel.

JackB1
09-27-2011, 07:02 AM
I am currently trying out a Becker DC Pro and I agree with Mav that it's similar to the X8-300. The X8 felt more headheavy though and this caused it to feel more sluggish through the swingzone than the Becker Pro does. I have only hit with the Becker Pro briefly, but found unbelievable amounts of topspin with it. I could rip shots from the baseline with lots of loop and net clearance and they would dive back down near the baseline and stay in.

Chris from TW used to use the Becker Pro as his regular stick and he said that it's lighter, more powerful and easier to use than the London. Is that an accurate statement?

I will report more once I play with it more, but I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has made the DC Pro their stick.