PDA

View Full Version : Can someone compare the ProStaff 6.1 classic to the Hyper ProStaff 5.0

weed
07-04-2005, 08:07 AM
I have tried my friends Prostaff 6.1 classic and I like almost everything about it
I know they are both pretty stiff and I like that so I was wondering if anybody can compare the two because I can get the HPS 5.0 cheaper and I like how it looks

weed
07-04-2005, 07:14 PM
has anybody tried both?

eric draven
07-04-2005, 08:10 PM
I actually used to use both and switched from the 5.0 to the 6.1. The 5.0 is much stiffer with less spin potential (denser string pattern). I loved the feel it gave me though, especially on serves. The 6.1, although less bang, was a better overall racquet with great control and spin production off both groundies and serve. The bottom line is that the reason I switched was because of the arm problems I had with the 5.0. It is too stiff for me and a number of friends I had that used the racquet. Three of my friends eventually gave up the racquet because of the arm pain it caused. But just my opinion. Best of luck!

weed
07-05-2005, 06:07 AM
Do you remember what strings you used?
Did the HPS cut through the air like the 6.1 or did it swing slow?

baseliner
07-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Above poster about got it right. The HPS 5.0 is the stiffest racket I ever used. While it never gave me any arm or shoulder problems that was its reputation. It was so stiff and heavy I had difficulty hitting out with it. I did find it to be a top notch doubles racket. Whale the daylights out of the serve, block server returns and great at volleying.

weed
08-05-2005, 09:42 PM
do they feel similar?