PDA

View Full Version : iprestige

Dave M
08-04-2011, 03:15 AM
quick question, does anybody know how the iprestige MP compares to the liquidmetal rad MP in terms of feel? Tried one out last night quite liked it but they aeem fairly rare and the rads are still around both used and new on here so wondered if you matched specs if they'd be similar?Or should i just hunt down a PT630...............

BLiND
08-04-2011, 03:37 AM
Long time since I used i.Prestige MP, and I eventually changed to LM Prestige MP... always regretted it, the i is very stiff and everything since then is really flexy, never liked it.

dr325i
08-04-2011, 04:07 AM
quick question, does anybody know how the iprestige MP compares to the liquidmetal rad MP in terms of feel? Tried one out last night quite liked it but they aeem fairly rare and the rads are still around both used and new on here so wondered if you matched specs if they'd be similar?Or should i just hunt down a PT630...............

I found the iPrestige and PT630 to be very different.
The iPrestige is stiffer, crisp, more powerful.
The PT630 is soft, buttery, less power.

If you're concerned about the arm issues, iPrestige MP may not be the right choice.

However, both rackets have something "special" that is hard to find in more modern sticks...

hrstrat57
08-04-2011, 05:41 AM
I found the iPrestige and PT630 to be very different.
The iPrestige is stiffer, crisp, more powerful.
The PT630 is soft, buttery, less power.

If you're concerned about the arm issues, iPrestige MP may not be the right choice.

However, both rackets have something "special" that is hard to find in more modern sticks...

This is a good summary but I am finding the YT Prestige MP (non pro stock) to be a good stick, for me fitting right in the middle....a bit softer than my i Prestige MP's and a bit stiffer than my pro stock frame. I have put them in the bag and I am enjoying them.

The i Prestige MP is simply brilliant tho, a great kept secret still, made in Austria and every bit as good as a pro stock frame. In fact many posters on here consider the i Prestige to actually be a PT 57e in sheep clothing.

I would grab a couple if you have a chance at the right price. I consider myself quite lucky to have 3 of the i Prestige.

Hankenstein
08-04-2011, 10:08 AM
This is a good summary but I am finding the YT Prestige MP (non pro stock) to be a good stick, for me fitting right in the middle....a bit softer than my i Prestige MP's and a bit stiffer than my pro stock frame. I have put them in the bag and I am enjoying them.

The i Prestige MP is simply brilliant tho, a great kept secret still, made in Austria and every bit as good as a pro stock frame. In fact many posters on here consider the i Prestige to actually be a PT 57e in sheep clothing.

I would grab a couple if you have a chance at the right price. I consider myself quite lucky to have 3 of the i Prestige.

I used i.Prestige 2002-2003 and only had sweet memories from it, so after not being so satisfied as i hoped with the YT Prestige MP i have bought 5 used i.Prestige MP in the bay.

The i.Prestige is still a fantastic, solid frame and (much) better then the "modern" Prestiges, atleast IMO.

Ronaldo
08-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Surprised the i.Prestige mp feels stiffer than the mid or mp XL. Have all three, prefer the mid. No fan of the LM Radical mp, even CAPped.

HiroProtagonist
08-04-2011, 11:35 AM
iPrestige MP=GROAT

It is one of the stiffer, crisper Prestiges and does offer a little more pop as a result, but I would hardly call it stiff.

I think it is the perfect balance of crispness and plushy thwompness. If you want a comfy racquet that's not too mushy or dampened iPrestige is the one.

I have a PT280 otw and will write up a head-to-head review when my knee allows some quality court time with the PT280.

Here's a thread on my iPrestige set-up:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=356630

Hankenstein
08-04-2011, 11:54 AM
I remember when i first tried the i.Prestige. If you guys dont mind, hereīs my story...

I played with the PT630 CAP with Kirschbaum Super Smash 1.25 at 60 lbs a couple of years. Then, when my at that time hero, Franco Squillari changed to the ti fire pro edt, i made the same switch. I loved the extra power and stiffnes and didnt mind the minor loss of feel. Then, in 2001 i wanted to play with the new i.radical MP, tried it for an hour but was very disappointed afterwards as it felt so unstable and light. This was pre-customization was into my world. I instead was told to try the more expensive i.Prestige and straight away i felt that this was a great frame! It felt so perfect it was unreal.

I continued to use the frame and because i worked as a club-pro at a club in Melbourne, Australia, i played A LOT of tennis, up to 8 hours a day and the frame was an extension of my arm. I even won my first ever tournament with this frame, the Victorian Grass court open or something similar. Great :) Got my first price-money!

Then, i moved back to Sweden and started to work in a pro-shop. There i started to experiment with different setups. I removed the CAP and installed the grommets from an old Ti Radical and put on some serious amount of lead at 3 , 9 and 12. The frame was up to 380 grams strung and i used it for about 6 more month, before the devil called Racuetholism got hold of me and swung me intp my racquetjoutney that still goes on.

Bla bla bla.. 100 frames later we are at today. I used the YT Speed Pro but the strings snapped to fast, a 1,25 mm poly only lasted 45-70 minutes before they snapped and the constant movement of the strings, Gaaah! Had to find something new, fast- Tried the YT Prestige MP but felt it was a bit to stiff for my feel, so i looked at the bay and found a cople of used i.Prestige MPīs. Tried them paralelle with the YT prestige, same strings, same TK82S pallets, same everything, and the i.Prestige is unreal (in a positive way) compared to the YT Prestige. Now i have a couple of more i.Prestige mpīs on its way to Sweden and who knows,, maybe i will use it as long as the last flirt with the i.Prestiges ;)

hrstrat57
08-04-2011, 01:09 PM
I used i.Prestige 2002-2003 and only had sweet memories from it, so after not being so satisfied as i hoped with the YT Prestige MP i have bought 5 used i.Prestige MP in the bay.

The i.Prestige is still a fantastic, solid frame and (much) better then the "modern" Prestiges, atleast IMO.

I went with the new YT Prestige MP in a quest to own 2 racquets that were identical in weight and feel.....I bought many i Prestige MP's but could never find another to match my glossy paint i Prestige MP which is the finest tennis racquet I have ever owned. I contemplated shipping it along with 2 others to R P N Y for matching and I seriously considered buying a pair of 238.4's and having them spec'd to this one i Prestige. On the advice of a few posters on this forum(notably vsbabolat) I was convinced to skip the likely $800 price tag for having a pair of customized 238.4's set up and instead consider having TW ship me a matched set of retail YT Prestige MP's. I called TW and spoke to one of the techs. I asked for 2 sequential serial numbers and requested the frames be matched. I tried them stock when I got them but they were too light for my game, I added my usual leather grip(no overwrap) and eventually after hooking a bunch of forehands, added 4 in of lead tape at 3/9. They play perfectly, I have dialed them in easily and they are in the bag with the i Prestige MP holy grail as a backup. Strung with intellitour at 57# I can not tell them apart. That was the goal and it has been achieved. They are excellent.

Most ironically about a month after this purchase I was able to make a trade for another glossy paint i Prestige in mint condition here on the forum and I picked up an exact match (also cannot tell apart) to my sticky paint i Radical MP L5 austrian frame.

I consider myself at this point a very lucky tennis puppy!

However quality and feel wise I agree with you and Hiro....the i Prestige MP is a fantastic frame......best I have ever played....and I go waaaay back on the way back machine.

Get yours quick as the threads here talking about how great it is will drive the price through the roof!

:shock:

ManuGinobili
08-05-2011, 12:23 AM
PM me if any of you guys want an i.prestige...

Dave M
08-05-2011, 10:10 AM
cheers for the info-I hope you can see why i asked, the specs of the 2 frames are very similar and the weight & balance could easilly be altered on the rad.
Were there PT57E frames around when the i prestige existed?

vsbabolat
08-05-2011, 01:07 PM
cheers for the info-I hope you can see why i asked, the specs of the 2 frames are very similar and the weight & balance could easilly be altered on the rad.
Were there PT57E frames around when the i prestige existed?

The PT57E is the i.Prestige MP

Dave M
08-05-2011, 02:57 PM
The PT57E is the i.Prestige MP

I noticed one on the bay from a seller saying it's a PT57E so i was wondering if it's just a lighter frame as per the usual but why would they need a pro stock version then? that normally follows a retail frame that people used or grew up with becoming unavalible and the makers needing to hide it as something new.
I'm still torn on this one, it's nice but i've got some yonex mids made with head handles that feel and play like a prestige, too many choices and not enough talent!!!

Hotrocks
08-06-2011, 04:44 PM
PM me if any of you guys want an i.prestige...

I emailed you, may be interested. Thanks.............

VGP
08-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Most ironically about a month after this purchase I was able to make a trade for another glossy paint i Prestige in mint condition here on the forum and I picked up an exact match (also cannot tell apart) to my sticky paint i Radical MP L5 austrian frame.

I consider myself at this point a very lucky tennis puppy!

Glad to be of service!

hrstrat57
08-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Glad to be of service!

Yep, VGP is a great trader! His active participation on these forums ended my quest for a 2nd glossy paint i Prestige MP.....we swopped some sweet frames.

When he says mint it is mint!

:)

Hotrocks
08-17-2011, 06:10 PM
From what I have read on the forums, there were two i prestige mp. One with the gloss paint and one with the rubber finish? Is there a difference between the two? THanks........

Ronaldo
08-17-2011, 06:20 PM
From what I have read on the forums, there were two i prestige mp. One with the gloss paint and one with the rubber finish? Is there a difference between the two? THanks........

Bbbbuttah!

Hankenstein
08-19-2011, 12:08 AM

I have both versions and it feels like the rubber-finish frame feels a fraction more crisp. The glossy version feels a bit softer then the rubber version. I prefer the little more crisp response but the rubber-versions that are for sale are often in really bad shape due to the EXTREMELY poor quality of the rubber-version black part of the paintjob.

BTW: I can strongly recommend the classic polyesterstring Kirschabaum Super Smash in those i.Prestige. This poly-string crisp response is a perfect match in the i.Prestiges