PDA

View Full Version : Need advise from racquet experts

Zagor Tenay
08-04-2011, 05:55 AM
Hi, I need an advise from you. I will tell my sitiuation clearly, I am a semi-pro player, I play in local tournaments, also in award-winning tennis club tournaments. But in last months my muscles around the elbow started to ache and some squeezing problems happened, they were very slight but it repeated every strain especially after very powerful serve trials. I talked with a medic, he said it is very slight muscle problem and may be a lighter racquet will do good. So that is my problem. I play with Head Microgel extreme pro and I love this stick. I played with many racquets but that suits me best, I don't want to change but I need a lighter frame Which frame, you think give me the same feeling, do you advise me? :confused:

jorel
08-04-2011, 05:58 AM
rest rehab and heavier racquet

not lighter

pro kennex 5g with gut is my recommendation

jorel
08-04-2011, 06:01 AM
just looked at the specs for the extreme and it seems very unfriendly to the arm due to its extreme stifness

FedExpress 333
08-04-2011, 06:46 AM
first off, get some rest and rehab.

Second, a heavier, more Head light racket is better for TE, with low stiffness. Some arm friendly rackets, best strung w/ gut, are the pro kennex kinetic 5g, PK redondo, Volkl DNx Mid, MGrad if you want a lighter option, are al arme friendly rackets.

levy1
08-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Hi, I need an advise from you. I will tell my sitiuation clearly, I am a semi-pro player, I play in local tournaments, also in award-winning tennis club tournaments. But in last months my muscles around the elbow started to ache and some squeezing problems happened, they were very slight but it repeated every strain especially after very powerful serve trials. I talked with a medic, he said it is very slight muscle problem and may be a lighter racquet will do good. So that is my problem. I play with Head Microgel extreme pro and I love this stick. I played with many racquets but that suits me best, I don't want to change but I need a lighter frame Which frame, you think give me the same feeling, do you advise me? :confused:
What strings and tension?

Zagor Tenay
08-05-2011, 08:53 AM
thanks for replies,
I use nylon string and 58-60 pound tension, a little rest relieves my arm, but I am confused with heavy racket advise with less stiffness. Is it correct, a heavier racket really better for arm aching ? By the way, I don't know have anyone experienced this problem but weirdly their is nothing in playing but after powerful serves my muscles hurts so may be racket weight be a problem. thanks for help in advance

stronzzi70
08-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Easy try Prince EXO TOUR 100 18 x20

ATP100
08-05-2011, 09:36 AM
http://racquetresearch.com/

Zagor Tenay
08-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Thanks for help,
By the way I have never compare my racket before. I am suprised that I was playing with the stiffest racket in market :)

Dutchman
08-06-2011, 09:52 AM
What strings and tension?

This

If you are playing with a poly @ 65lbs (what i used to have in my Microgel Prestige) you could well be killing your arm with the string.

Try some gut, or maybe a soft multi or something (I'm still a bit fan of poly's so I dont know that much about it)

this might help!

Dutchman
08-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Ow sorry, i didnt read your strings + tension

I see you are using nylon at medium-high tension, i'd still advise you to try a different string first! (after rehab)

good luck :)

Zagor Tenay
08-08-2011, 05:24 AM
Ow sorry, i didnt read your strings + tension

I see you are using nylon at medium-high tension, i'd still advise you to try a different string first! (after rehab)

good luck :)

thanks for advice, by the way which racket is more arm friendly ? ProKennex 5g or Prince Exo Tour 100. According the specifications in TW Prince is more arm friendly because it has less stiffnes rating 52 than ProKennex, is it true ?..

max
08-08-2011, 05:37 AM
Give the PK 5G a shot.

ae1222
08-08-2011, 05:46 AM
thanks for advice, by the way which racket is more arm friendly ? ProKennex 5g or Prince Exo Tour 100. According the specifications in TW Prince is more arm friendly because it has less stiffnes rating 52 than ProKennex, is it true ?..

Both of those would be pretty arm friendly, I would give them a shot.

I actually blew my elbow apart playing a few years back and it started with aches and pains in the elbow. After surgery I spent a couple of years trying to tweak what I was doing, and I thought like you did that a lighter stick would help. It actually made it worse because you can swing it faster and it doesn't absorb any of the shock. I went from a frame weighing 295g unstrung and very stiff to one 330g unstrung and very flexible and it has made a world of difference. I even use full poly for my strings and I don't really have any issues anymore. I suggest you give it a try, just remember it may take a little bit to get used to since the frames are so different.

Good luck!