PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Buzzing Noise

psycho0
08-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Recently purchased a new PS GT and noticed very weird vibration buzzing noise every time the ball strikes the upper hoop of the racquet. I was wondering if anyone else is having similar experience and how did you fix it?

Pure Babs
08-04-2011, 10:15 PM
It could be the buttcap. It comes loose on Pure Storms frequently. Hold the racquet with one hand lower on the handle and shake it up and down. If you feel it wobble or creek than all you have to do is restaple the buttcap to the handle.

psycho0
08-04-2011, 10:33 PM
It could be the buttcap. It comes loose on Pure Storms frequently. Hold the racquet with one hand lower on the handle and shake it up and down. If you feel it wobble or creek than all you have to do is restaple the buttcap to the handle.

The buttcap seems to be pretty tight to the handle. When I remove the trap door on the buttcap and then tap the upper hoop, there is a slight reduction in the vibration. Could the rest of the vibration be due to a loose buttcap? Would super-gluing the buttcap or the trap door help? Anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

canadad
08-04-2011, 10:38 PM
I wouldn't even try to fix it, take it back. If I buy something, I expect it to work properly.

psycho0
08-05-2011, 07:59 AM
I figured that the trap door of the buttcap was a bit loose causing the buzzing noises once tapping the upper hoop. I placed a piece of tissue between the trap door and the buttcap for a tighter fit and the problem seems to be fixed now. I might consider gluing the trap door permanently to the buttcap.