PDA

View Full Version : PS-gt vs. Volkl OrgX8

msalamon
08-04-2011, 08:46 PM
who wins this battle? I think my issue is that I cant get my Donnay Plat 99 back in time to prepare-- so I end up hitting off center--so I'm looking for a lighter stick, maybe? lokking at Babolat Pure storm vs. Volkl Organix 8 300g. Any thoughts on who wins? I serve flat and do mostly baseline with top spin; and use a 2HBH. Looking for some direction...

TennisMaverick
08-04-2011, 08:54 PM
who wins this battle? I think my issue is that I cant get my Donnay Plat 99 back in time to prepare-- so I end up hitting off center--so I'm looking for a lighter stick, maybe? lokking at Babolat Pure storm vs. Volkl Organix 8 300g. Any thoughts on who wins? I serve flat and do mostly baseline with top spin; and use a 2HBH. Looking for some direction...

The Pure Storm is an incongruent comparison to the X8. The Pure Storm is closer to the Melbourne. However, if you hit with topspin with a moderate swing, the X8 300 works well. If you use a more violent swing, go with the X8 315.

There is tons of info on the X8s both on their own threads and on the X Club thread as well.

jibinhe
08-05-2011, 02:44 AM
I used pure storm GT before switch to X8, although I leaded up my Pure storm GT close to Pure Storm Tour. This is what I thought:

Pure Storm GT: whippy, fast, not stable without lead at 3/9, less power, good spin, more control on flat shots, softer. You need a very fast whippy swing if you want to play pure storm in stock.

X8: super stable, powerful, super spiny, and heavier to swing then you expected from a 300g frame, good control as far as you add spin. Stiff but comfortable.

So I guess it depends on your preference, do you prefer soft feeling, are you strong and good enough to hit out every shot for 5/6 hours if you play a team match? If both answers are yes, go for pure storm. For me, I prefer stiff, and not that strong and good yet, so X8 is for me.

dParis
08-05-2011, 07:38 AM
I agree with TM that the two racquets are different enough that a head-to-head comparison doesn't answer many questions. Incongruent. That's well put.

I can't get the ball moving through the court as quickly with the PS as I can with the X8. The game you describe fits with the X8 much better, I believe. The PS has better feel and feedback and I really like the control on serves. Problem is, balls keep coming back. It is easier to control depth with the PS and if I can keep the ball deep, eventually I could hit to the open court. You have to work much harder to hit winners with the PS. The PS reminded me a little of a less headlight, less stable Becker London.

msalamon
08-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Speaking of the London--how does that compare to the X8? Also, is the Becker Brand associated at all with Volkl?

msalamon
08-06-2011, 02:21 PM
bueller, bueller...

TennisMaverick
08-07-2011, 02:12 AM
Speaking of the London--how does that compare to the X8? Also, is the Becker Brand associated at all with Volkl?

Check your other thread.

And how about reading the Volkl threads where these answers have been written and discussed many times?

msalamon
08-07-2011, 05:14 AM
Can you be a little more specific--there are pages and pages of threads on Volkl, ect. I've read many of them and have seen a few comments re London vs. Org x8.-just looking for any more info specifically. It may have been discussed already, but whats the harm in asking again.

TennisMaverick
08-07-2011, 05:41 AM
Can you be a little more specific--there are pages and pages of threads on Volkl, ect. I've read many of them and have seen a few comments re London vs. Org x8.-just looking for any more info specifically. It may have been discussed already, but whats the harm in asking again.

You haven't seen any comments for that comparison because their aren't any. The sticks are designed for totally two different types of players. They are incongruent.

There are multiple X8 threads, which aren't very long. The X Club thread has a lot of info from pages 6-11 from myself and other 6.5 players. Subsequently, there is much more info from moderate level players. There is also a closed London thread with tons of info which you should be able to find with the search engine.

msalamon
08-07-2011, 10:38 AM
[QUOTE=TennisMaverick;5883760]You haven't seen any comments for that comparison because their aren't any. The sticks are designed for totally two different types of players. They are incongruent.

Having specific differences should make my question easier to answer. If I was asking you to explain the differences between 2 very similar rackets-then I could understand that it might be difficult to discover and explain the minute differences. But, if these rackets are so different-then it should be easy to lay down the distinctions. I respect your knowledgeable insight on the two rackets, so would greatly appreciate an explanation if you could----what specifically are the differences? What are the strengths /weaknesses of the Org X - what are the strength / weakness of the London? What type of players were they designed for?

dParis
08-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Having specific differences should make my question easier to answer. If I was asking you to explain the differences between 2 very similar rackets-then I could understand that it might be difficult to discover and explain the minute differences. But, if these rackets are so different-then it should be easy to lay down the distinctions. I respect your knowledgeable insight on the two rackets, so would greatly appreciate an explanation if you could----what specifically are the differences? What are the strengths /weaknesses of the Org X - what are the strength / weakness of the London? What type of players were they designed for?
As was mentioned by TM, there is much information on both racquets on this board. Though I don't believe one is obligated to read every post in every thread relevant to the racquet being discussed, I do believe your questions have already been addressed in this thread. You are coming across as being intentionally difficult. I don't say this to blow your question off, but you really should read the other Volkl/Becker/Pure Storm threads for their expansive information.

As always, demoing the racquets yourself, if they are available in your area, is by far the best way to compare the racquets. Otherwise, I hope your question has been answered here and you are able to appreciate the great information in this sub-forum provided by your fellow members. Good luck.