PDA

View Full Version : Anybody hit the Bab PD OS yet?

rooski
04-26-2004, 02:59 PM
I searched the boards and didn't find any significant mentions of this racket? I picked it up in a pro shop today and it felt good. Nice heft. Anybody have any comments on how it hits/plays?

I'll probably take it out next weekend for a hit myself.

tnsdoc
04-26-2004, 04:19 PM
I've been using the Babolat PD OS for 2 months now and really like it. Playing men's 4.5 USTA but I've hit 50 recently and like the extra pop that I get with this from my previous TT Warrior. It has a very nice swingweight which translates to great stability off the ground and on volleys; the sweet spot is enormous, and the 16x20 pattern allows for some great slice that really sticks. Touch shots are surprisingly and have had no arm problems whatsoever. Mine is slightly customized to 10.8 oz., and as long as you prepare, there is no problem getting the racquet around. It is very tension sensitive, so it may take 2-3 stringings until you find your ideal combination. Yeah, it ain't no "players" racquet, but it works great for me; you might be surprised, IMO.

rooski
04-26-2004, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the reply. What tension and string did you end up with?

orange223
04-27-2004, 08:53 AM
I bought a pair (thank you TW!) and use VS Touch 16, stringing it myself at 57lbs. I have close to 12 hours playing time on one gut job and still counting. The sweet spot is just beginning to fray. I added 3 grams each @ 9 and 3 with more lead in the handle (a pair of .54 caliber muzzleloading roundballs @ 240 grains each - I haven't calculated grains in bulletweight to grams). Still haven't weighed it on a digital scale though.

I would like a 3rd frame and string it with XCel Premium for days when rain is a threat. I am a 41 y/o, 3.5 all courter. I play weekly doubles or singles leagues indoors (hardcourts) 9 months out of the year and outdoors hardcourts and some green clay during the summer. I play a couple of local tournaments a year. In the summer, I may play 3 times a week outdoors.

Mine is a bit headlight and gives me good touch at the net especially with the natural gut strings. I like the pop on my serves that the added weight gives. I like the big stringbed and the huge sweetspot as well as the length.

When I start consistently winning 3.5 singles in local tournaments and I "know" in my heart I am a 4.0, I may demo the PD or PD+. Recently, I have asked myself if the stringbed is in fact a bit big for my game. But I do like my racquets and they are suitable for my current game, which I try to constantly improve.

tnsdoc
04-30-2004, 05:43 PM
Rooski----- I've settled on Wilson NXT Tour 17g at 54 lbs. strung on an Alpha electronic stringing machine , although I just playtested some Head Fibergel power 17g and it was much nicer than I thought it would be. Tried a set of Wilson Sensation 16g., but it didn't do much for me.

Mr. Sparkay
05-01-2004, 01:34 AM
Powerful, but manageable