PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Storm GT vs. Aero Storm-Help Deciding

YesTennis
08-05-2011, 07:01 AM
Looking to demo and decide between the Pure Storm GT and Aero Storm GT. I'm about 50 yo, NTRP 4.0, one hand bh, with all court game. Which of these racquets do you think would be best for me? Thanks for your help.

LordOfTennis
08-05-2011, 02:39 PM
I m 42 and 3.5 single players. I had serious tennis elbow 3 months ago; probably using too heavy racquets (K90), inappropriate string (poly string) or poor stroke formation, etc. I realized I may starting getting old (42 years old???). I want to extend my tennis life longer and healthier. I decided to look for arm friendly racquet but powerful racquet (prob slightly bigger head... 98???). I demo the following racquets:

Dunlop Biomimetic 200 Plus
Dunlop Biomimetic 300
Babolat Pure Storm GT (2010 and 2011 models)
Wilson BLX Blade 98

I found the Babolat with the following good numbers:
strung weight (~12 oz, kinda light but still enough to manage hard/fast pace ball)

Swingweight: 313 (< 320 I consider is pretty good, my shoulder will not get tired easily)
Stiffness: 59 (it's great just below 60!!!)

Because of the cost, I cant afford natural gut even I know it is good for arm and performance. I use Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 16 (17 for more spin) String Red (red colour match nicely with the racquet ;-) recommended by local tennis shop. I started to play with the Babolat month ago with tennis elbow brace on. I felt extremely easy to swing and comfortable. Few weeks later, I felt the same good even without elbow brace on (sometimes I still have that tennis elbow brace on to support my arm though). I then tried to play the tournament for two straight days, 6 matches. I felt great and my shoulder and arm could manage all the way to semi final. Now, I put lead tape at 3 and 9 o'clock to improve the stability. Everything looks perfect for me now; except myself ;-)

Good luck and have fun to find the right racquet.