PDA

View Full Version : Need some help buying the Vapor 8

zasr4325
08-05-2011, 11:30 AM
So I'm in the Market for some new shoes, and Vapor 8s seem to be the right price and shoe pour moi. However, I cannot try before I buy, so am handing my fate over to the collective wisdom of TT.
I have tried the 3.3s in store, and they feel way too narrow (I have very wide feet). 2K10s were wide enough for me, but mine are basically falling apart now; the toe drag area is worn through and the traction and support is finished. The 2K11s are presently a bit too expensive for me, and I didn't want to waste money on them if they won't be as good as an on sale Vapor 8.
So basically I've made up my mind on the Vapor 8s. The reason I loved my Vapor 7s was their comfort; almost no break in, plenty of width and lightweight. Support was sometimes lacking, but I now wear ankle supports all the time, so that's not really an issue. But the width and general all round fit was perfect for me, and before I spend my dollar on their newer counterparts, I just wanted to make sure the 8s fitted similarly. So if there are any owners of both the 7s and the 8s, or even just wide footed people wearing 8s, I'd appreciate if you weighed in with your opinions on the 8s. Really, I just wanted to make sure the 8s were closer to the 7s rather than (for example) the 6s, which were hell for me.

Douggo
08-05-2011, 01:21 PM
My Vapor 8 look like this, so I don't think I can help you. ;)
But hey, free bump!

http://www.prag-info.cz/_shop/image_0862006m/1187517782P1050060.JPG

serve stopper
08-05-2011, 02:06 PM
i have never worn the 7s but i do say that the vapor 8s are a really comfy shoe. I needed to break them in though so don't be surprised. After like 3 or 4 days they should be fine. My friend wears the 7s and i think that they only dif is 1 they show the flywire 2 they have a new style of lacing system which goes around your foot. I love it

thebeast73
08-05-2011, 04:39 PM
historically the vapors are a narrow shoe. However the 7 and 8 are considerably wider, that said they are defiantly not a wide shoe. They fit true to size and width. I'd your feat are wide I would be wary. If your feat fit then they are a grea shoe. Very light, confortable, and have good traction. Durability is ok.

SStrikerR
08-05-2011, 05:50 PM
I have 7s and 8s. 8s are definitely more durable, and I think there's a little more space in the shoe.

mathieu
08-05-2011, 05:52 PM
So I'm in the Market for some new shoes, and Vapor 8s seem to be the right price and shoe pour moi. However, I cannot try before I buy, so am handing my fate over to the collective wisdom of TT.
I have tried the 3.3s in store, and they feel way too narrow (I have very wide feet). 2K10s were wide enough for me, but mine are basically falling apart now; the toe drag area is worn through and the traction and support is finished. The 2K11s are presently a bit too expensive for me, and I didn't want to waste money on them if they won't be as good as an on sale Vapor 8.
So basically I've made up my mind on the Vapor 8s. The reason I loved my Vapor 7s was their comfort; almost no break in, plenty of width and lightweight. Support was sometimes lacking, but I now wear ankle supports all the time, so that's not really an issue. But the width and general all round fit was perfect for me, and before I spend my dollar on their newer counterparts, I just wanted to make sure the 8s fitted similarly. So if there are any owners of both the 7s and the 8s, or even just wide footed people wearing 8s, I'd appreciate if you weighed in with your opinions on the 8s. Really, I just wanted to make sure the 8s were closer to the 7s rather than (for example) the 6s, which were hell for me.

If you werent such a swoosh slave you wouldn't be in this predicament.

zasr4325
08-05-2011, 10:15 PM
If you werent such a swoosh slave you wouldn't be in this predicament.

Y u say this?
A couple of reasons why you're wrong:
1) Adidas shoes are more expensive than the vapors I'm looking at.

2) Historically, Nike have always fitted me far better than adidas.

3) On top of that, I've actually tried the Barricade, and I found it didn't fit me well at all.

4) Because you just are:
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/pressmaster/pressmaster0904/pressmaster090400025/4623430-photo-of-serious-baby-typing-on-keyboard-and-looking-at-camera.jpg

Everyone else, thanks for the info. I've actually ordered them now, in the blue/White colourway, so they should be here next week.