PDA

View Full Version : RIP Kpro staff 88

Dunlop300t
08-06-2011, 10:57 AM
ok i am here posting this for my friend, the guy had found his true love in a racquet, the kps88 was like his girlfriend and he has used it ever since it came out. He loved the racquet, now the problem. While me and him were playing yesterday he was using the prostaff 85 tw, he switched from that to his kps88 and after a 5 shot hard rally we heard a crack, it was his beloved pro staff. he fell to his knees and cried on the court i mean like really tears came out of his eyes, i saw them :(... Now he is looking over that and looking for a new racquet, he has tried the blx tour 90 and said that the racquet appalled him, and the ps85 tw, he said that it not for him. now to help him out i am either looking for a prostaff 88 for him or a replacement (if anyone has a brandnew sealed prostaff and are willing to sell let me know). if for a replacement what should he get?

ATP100
08-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Just buy another 88.

maxpotapov
08-06-2011, 11:13 AM
I think your friend is... you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZtbASCE7ZY)

Bud
08-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Just buy another 88.

Seriously :)

I just sold a couple recently for like $70 and they are all over the bay. One guy has like 6 listed, currently.

Definitely no shortage of those sticks.

Dunlop300t
08-06-2011, 11:55 AM
I think your friend is... you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZtbASCE7ZY)

not really i love my blx blade tour. i just really felt for my friend.

and i have been looking but he wants a brand new one not used the kid wont listen. and i have yet to see a new one on ****.

VGP
08-06-2011, 12:05 PM
C'mon. If he's crying over breaking his beloved racket he should be able to purchase one used.

It's been discontinued for going on a year now. I'm sure the retailers that carried the frame liquidated all their stock.

The kPS88 is a perfect candidate frame to find used in good condition. There are many people that bought it, hit with it a few times, found it was "too much" for them, and shelved them.

The demand is relatively low and it is reflected in their prices on the used market. They're going for $80-$110 shipped if you check the completed listings on e-bay.

There was a new one that sold at the end of July for $212.50 plus shipping from Canada. Given the prices of used frames and the scarcity of finding new frames, your friend isn't making much financial sense.

gplracer
08-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Yep I just traded mine for a BLX90.

Dunlop300t
08-06-2011, 02:14 PM
well i am looking around there is are demos for around 80 bucks does anyone how is their condition? i am trying to convince him but he wont listen.

VGP
08-06-2011, 02:32 PM
i am trying to convince him but he wont listen.

Well, that's all you can do.

He'll probably futz around with a bunch of other frames and then be kicking himself a year and a half from now when he should have gotten while the getting was good.

dabudabuda
08-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Get a barely used one in 9+/10 condition for a good price(cheap enough that if you resell it, you won't lose any money). Hit with it when you play with him next time and say you don't care for it and are going to sell it. I wouldn't be surprised if he would want it. If he says he wants it, joke with him and mention how he didn't want a used racket. If he doesn't want it, no big deal, you can sell it and make your money back.

There are many great deals out there on used rackets. Depending on the racket, one string job can drop the value of the racket by as much as 30-40% sometimes more if you really find a steal.

droliver
08-06-2011, 02:50 PM
There's a local shop here in Birmingham,AL (Player's Choice (http://www.playerschoicetennis.com/pages/index.cfm?siteid=11259)) that currently has about 6 brand new/unused KPS 88's in their closeout bin. They're discounted a little, but not supercheap (I think $150)