PDA

View Full Version : Would USPS cover damaged product?

ambro
04-26-2004, 03:29 PM
Hey. I just got my e.Stringer from Lonetango (Vinh Tran) via USPS and upon opening, it was damaged to hell. The tensioner is basically shot. It even says "DAMAGED IN HANDLING" right on the box. USPS should cover the value of this machine right?

drop shot
04-27-2004, 08:27 PM
In my experience with the USPS they will do everything in their power to NOT shell out any money. The "damaged in handling" message probably means that they are already trying to blame the damage on the handling that took place at the factory before it was sent. I hope that I am wrong on this. I just know that I purchased insurance on a racquet I sent once and after it was received damaged they tried everything in the book not to honor the insurance I bought. Even though it was packaged very securely with peanuts, bubble wrap and newspaper, they questioned my packaging and tried to dispute me by saying that the receiver of the package could have added the packing materials AFTER the damages were found. Then they disputed the value of my insured item by asking me to prove it's worth by bringing in several published copies of the price.

topspin
04-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Yeah and try emailing them for help, wow they're so dense, they don't even read the question. When I told them that, they replied with a "We are happy to have been of service to you" auto reply. They were of no service at all of course. All I can say is be very persistent and threaten to take your case to the media if they don't pay.