PDA

View Full Version : Racket help

colan5934
08-06-2011, 11:33 PM
I need help finding a racket for me. I will be playing college tennis this fall, and I just can't find a stick that feels perfect. I do acknowledge that I may never find the "perfect" stick, but I need the best one for my game. I play more of a consistent baseline game. I like to be patient and wait for opportunities to finish either with a forehand winner, short ball, or by coming to net. My best shot is my forehand. My backhand is steady, and I can hit winners with it also. I would like some extra power on serve.
I currently play with PSTGT with a leather grip and some lead at 10 and 2. No matter how I string the racket or configure the weight, it feels inconsistent off the strings. I tried radicals and prestiges and they were too boardy due to the tight pattern. Not a fan of Pure Drives of Aero Drives...no matter how much time I spend hitting with them, I just can't get my timing down. And they're harsh on my tender arm. I've tried the PSLGT, PST+GT, Rads, Prestiges, Dunlop 100, 200, Volkl DNX 10 (might revisit this one), Not a fan of Wilsons due to the stiff feel, but I haven't hit the Blade series or any BLX models. Any suggestions to demo are gladly welcomed. Thanks!

vincent_tennis
08-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Describe your style of play?

colan5934
08-07-2011, 12:11 AM
I play more of a consistent baseline game. I like to be patient and wait for opportunities to finish either with a forehand winner, short ball, or by coming to net. My best shot is my forehand. My backhand is steady, and I can hit winners with it also.

Big post, so you may have missed it, sorry. A little more info: I hit with a semi-western/almost western forehand (depends somewhat on the position I am in to hit the shot). I utilize a lot of spin. Moving opponents side to side, playing long points, making them earn it. Mix in S&V occasionally. Serve with variety (never the same location/depth/spin/height two balls in a row) not big on power, but I can use it. Need any more info?

vndesu
08-07-2011, 01:36 AM
Maybe you should demo the vo2 320. I used alot of sticks before too
And switched to a 320 vo2 with leather grip. It has a good amount of power within each stroke and loving it especially with the serves and forehand.