PDA

View Full Version : Prostaff Magic in Wrist-Frendlier Package

NST
08-07-2011, 11:56 AM
This is my first thread here:)

I am playing with the KPS88.Ever since I started tennis as a child I had problems with my wrist,when the temperature was rising.I stopped playing for other reasons and this is the first summer since I came back to the game.I hit for 1 hour everyday and the next day,after I wake up,I really feel my wrist.Is there any mid with the control and stability of the Prostaffs but more comfortable with the wrist?

I really enjoy my racquet,but if the pain continues...I will need an alternative.

Thanks in advance:wink:

TennisMaverick
08-07-2011, 12:18 PM

I am playing with the KPS88.Ever since I started tennis as a child I had problems with my wrist,when the temperature was rising.I stopped playing for other reasons and this is the first summer since I came back to the game.I hit for 1 hour everyday and the next day,after I wake up,I really feel my wrist.Is there any mid with the control and stability of the Prostaffs but more comfortable with the wrist?

I really enjoy my racquet,but if the pain continues...I will need an alternative.

I'm assuming that you want to stay small?

I'm a Volkl guy because of a multiple torn rotator cuff, which is always symptomatic. I play with the PB 10 Mid. There are multiple threads about this stick. They are also coming out with a Classic Prestige clone, called the London Tour, which will be on sale in a couple of weeks. Both sticks are 93in2 and very easy on the arm. They are predominately traditional graphite in construction, with nano carbon graphite in areas where one would apply lead tape, i.e., 3:00/9:00.

AceServer
08-07-2011, 12:19 PM
any of the dunlop 300 lines.

NST
08-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the replies.

TennisMaverick, I like Volkl sticks too.And yes, I want to stay small.I 've played with the PB10mid and it's a great racquet.No frame hits forehands like PB10.Ultimately,we had to part ways because I couldn't adjust to the flex when returning serve.And I have to return 100mph serves so....But you really caught my attention with the London Tour.Same string pattern as the Prestige?

TennisMaverick
08-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the replies.

TennisMaverick, I like Volkl sticks too.And yes, I want to stay small.I 've played with the PB10mid and it's a great racquet.No frame hits forehands like PB10.Ultimately,we had to part ways because I couldn't adjust to the flex when returning serve.And I have to return 100mph serves so....But you really caught my attention with the London Tour.Same string pattern as the Prestige?

The London Tour is definitely less whippy. It has an 18x20 string bed. I started a thread on it because I play tested it for them. It is very cushioned. It hits a heavy ball, and the pace and spin on slice BHs is awesome. They made it 320 grams, so as not to scare away those who would say that it was too heavy. I added 10 grams from top to bottom. It has a fully capped grommet as well. Great plow thru.

aggietex08
08-07-2011, 01:21 PM

Besides the PB10 mid, I would also suggest a modified Dunlop 100.

NST
08-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Besides the PB10 mid, I would also suggest a modified Dunlop 100.

Lead at 3&9?

Smasher08
08-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Dunlop 4D 200 Tour and Head Prestige Mid are fantastic control frames, and with some lead they can have the same weight and plow-through as a PS or KPS.

roundiesee
08-07-2011, 10:03 PM
I second the Prestige Mid; either the PC600 (if you are lucky enough to get your hands on one) or the YTP Mid. These have a different feel to the PS but are more comfortable. Also do review your technique because it may not be a racket issue. Good Luck! :)

maxpotapov
08-07-2011, 10:11 PM

Without seeing you in action it's hard to suggest anything. Shoot your hitting session on video and put it on youtube, it is most likely not the racquet problem

From my experience, it is near impossible to wrist a racquet like KPS88. Too much heft discourages you from extra wrist action and puts more strain on your forearm and shoulder, unless you try to do something crazy with your stroke

tennis-kid
08-08-2011, 12:10 AM

I have exactly same problem as you have. If I play 3 hours of tennis, next day my wrist is sore. I was using Wilson Hammer series 5.5. So I changed to Volkl Organix 10 (295g). Volkl is far better than Wilson for sure but wrist pain didn't go away. So I demoed most arm/ wrist friendly racquets exist in current time, which include Pro Kennex kinetic 7G , Redondo mid, Redondo mid plus, Head microgel radical mp, Prince EXO3 tour, Volkl PB10 mid and mid plus. You NEED to listen what other people suggest here but You HAVE TO actually DEMO them. Volkl PB10 is one of the best racquet exist and it is pretty arm friendly but it was not for me. It was too heavy for me. Even if it is the one of the best racquets, it doesn't mean it will be your best racquet. PK kinetic 7G was actually very comfortable and there was no wrist pain after playing 2 hours but it was 1/2" longer grip and it feels a little different. I found Prince EXO3 tour was the most comfortable for me among I used or demoed racquets. So I purchased one and it is on the way. Even though I like Volkl X10 (295), my wirst is more important. Someone mentioned Dunlop here but I never demoed them so I can't comment on it. I suggest you to demo aforementioned racquets. I am sure you will find one which you will like and feel most comfortable without any wrist pain,

vincent_tennis
08-08-2011, 01:59 AM

Try the AG 1004D?

Its on special atm, fun racquet :)

NST
08-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Thanks again,for all the replies.

Without seeing you in action it's hard to suggest anything. Shoot your hitting session on video and put it on youtube, it is most likely not the racquet problem

From my experience, it is near impossible to wrist a racquet like KPS88. Too much heft discourages you from extra wrist action and puts more strain on your forearm and shoulder, unless you try to do something crazy with your stroke

Recording my training isn't an option.However, me, my coach and my opponents are fairly sure my technique's sound.Plus,I only have the problem on warm days.