PDA

View Full Version : Weight, balance and swingweight considerations

dadozen
08-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Hey guys,

If you have two racquets from the same model, which have the same weight and same balance point( measurements easy to be made at home ), could you assume that they have similar swingweights?

Or have you seen racquets with similar weights and balance points with different SW, like, more than 5 pts away from each other?

From what I understand, two racquets of the same model with similar weights and balance points would only have different swingweights if the weight distribution is brutally different - like one has mass concentrated at the throat, while the other on the top of the hoop.

Thanks!

Gasolina
08-08-2011, 11:17 AM
From what I understand, two racquets of the same model with similar weights and balance points would only have different swingweights if the weight distribution is brutally different - like one has mass concentrated at the throat, while the other on the top of the hoop.
If that's the case then most probably they won't have the same balance point.

To answer you question: Yes.

I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago ;)

dadozen
08-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Thanks Gasolina. Can you send a link from your thread?;)

Rogael Naderer
08-08-2011, 11:22 AM
They should be very close yes.

pyrokid
08-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Depends on the polarization. If one has a lot of mass near the balance point, and the other has a lot of mass at the tips, the sw could be very different.

dadozen
08-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Pyrokid, long time no see!:)

But have you ever seen a racquet like that? I'm aware that different weight distribution results in different SWs, even on racquets with same weight and balance point. But I'm wondering if that can happen on 2 racquets from the same model.

dadozen
08-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Just got a confirmation that all the 3 Prestiges are coming with the same weight: 11.9oz unstrung, with the cardboard still on them.:)