PDA

View Full Version : Switching Rackets (Wilson ---> Prince)

epiczeko
08-08-2011, 04:31 PM
I used my Kblade 98's for a while, until they started cracking at the throat. I had two, one split in half when I hit a backhand winner. The second has already started cracking at the throat too. I guess it might be because I have gone up a couple levels in my game and hit with good international level players now. But I seriously can't use the stick anymore, its unstable even when I try to control heavy groundstrokes and serves. Its really tiring me out, I need a racket that will do some of the work for me. Im going to get myself 3x Prince EXO3 Ignite Team 95's. Its light, but I'm having it customized to 350g and some adjustments with balance and what not. What do you guys think? Smart move? I compete and play every day so Im getting the heavy hitters, to the counters punchers and S & V players. I have a big serve good all court game. Prince any good for meh? If not, give me some other suggestions.

Arthuro
08-08-2011, 04:33 PM
It would be hypocritical for me not to respond. I recently switched to prince from wilson. I have been a longtime fan of Prince played with the TT rebel for a long time almost 10 years, but then could not find a racquet from Prince I liked, thus I ended up with the KBT.

I think Prince has great feeling racquets...comfort and old school heft...if you are a serious player or older recreational player that can value that comfort I say go for it.

Why are you picking the Ignite Team? Could we get more info?

epiczeko
08-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Why are you picking the Ignite Team? Could we get more info?

I agree that Prince has good feel with their rackets. I am choosing the Ignite team because I have a good deal on those sticks and also because I fell in love with the specs of the modified version of the racket after borrowing it from an acquaintance. I am a junior and I know some players like me (similar game) who use this frame in its modified version and are successful on the national stage (which is where I intend to be...with the help of these rackets :))

Arthuro
08-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Can't argue with that...can I:). Good Luck!!!

epiczeko
08-08-2011, 04:48 PM
This racket enables me to have a really big serve and allows me to vary spin and pace on it with confidence. I can also hit great topspin forehands with it, and I feel the sweetspot is superb. On my backhand side, I get amazing spin and control. If it enters my strike zone I put it away CC or DTL with ease. My slice is very reliable. This racket makes me feel like I can beat Nadal lol. Ok lets not get carried away, but it makes me a significantly better player. OH! and for some weird reason, It makes me runnnn like crazy to get every ball. It gives me fighting spirit. I'm telling u, its some crazy magical racket if modified to the right specs.