PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Storm GT Vs Wilson KBlade 98

Overhed
08-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to make a decision on which one of these two to get.

I've demoed both these rackets and they seem very similar to me. I've only played a few games though, so I'm sure that there are subtleties which I'm not quite noticing (also I've only really played with about 5 different rackets, total, so I'm not well-versed in racketology).

If there are any of you that have played with both of these and can highlight some of the differences between them, I'd love to hear (read) about them. Also, in your opinion which is the better racket. Statistically they're very similar, so it seems to me that they're trying to accomplish the same goals, which one does it better?

soyizgood
08-08-2011, 04:36 PM
I demo'd both sticks. At first I didn't feel too much of a difference. But after a few days, the stiffness of the Blade felt a bit uncomfortable. Control is fine with both sticks. It's a little easier to generate spin and pop with the PSGT, imho.

richsox
08-09-2011, 01:55 AM
I demo'd both sticks. At first I din't feel too much of a difference. But after a few days, the stiffness of the Blade felt a bit uncomfortable. Control is fine with both sticks. It's a little easier to generate spin and pop with the PSGT, imho.

I agree with this. I demoed both, not at same time, and went for the PS GT following the demo. I did put a leather grip on the PS GT, so when I feel I want to go old school style, I play with my PS GT. I do find a fun factor with my PS GT, that I don't find with my PD GT.

PS GT rewards with a nice crisp-solid feel when hitting int he sweetspot, and I fely I could PoP my serve still

chaddles
08-09-2011, 05:11 AM
Have used both of these racquets quite a bit, and the Blade 98 is my gave stick of these 2 by a mile. It has better control, more solid feel and is a ton easier to generate pace on shots. My hitting partner noticed a lot more power and accuracy especially on serves with the Blade. I manage a pro shop so try quite a few racquets, and the blade has been my main racquet for over 12 months now, as it is one if the genuine all round sticks that suits me perfectly (3.5-4 level)

dParis
08-09-2011, 05:57 AM
I demo'd both sticks. At first I din't feel too much of a difference. But after a few days, the stiffness of the Blade felt a bit uncomfortable. Control is fine with both sticks. It's a little easier to generate spin and pop with the PSGT, imho.
Agree about the spin, but the KBlade does well for an 18x20. As far as pop goes, I believe it's the KBlade by a good margin. I found it much easier to finish off points with the KBlade. The PS is more comfortable and probably better for your joints but it lacks the stability and energy transfer of the Blade.

Bartelby
08-09-2011, 06:03 AM
I'd agree with this assessment.

Agree about the spin, but the KBlade does well for an 18x20. As far as pop goes, I believe it's the KBlade by a good margin. I found it much easier to finish off points with the KBlade. The PS is more comfortable and probably better for your joints but it lacks the stability and energy transfer of the Blade.

Tmano
08-09-2011, 06:32 AM
I had 3 PSGT and I'm actually parting out with them because:
not stable,
the almost even balance does not allow you do do much with it,
it's a demending racquet especially when serving even thought light,
somehow slow (my feeling)
customizing it is a waste of time and it does not really work in my opinion with this racquet......I tried it and it made it somehow worst

I demoed the Kblade 98 last year along with many other racquets so I don't really remeber

soyizgood
08-09-2011, 06:34 AM
I demoed the BLX Blade 98, not the KBlade. I've hit with the KBlade a little before, but not enough to really get a feel for it.

Tmano
08-09-2011, 06:50 AM
I demoed the BLX Blade 98, not the KBlade. I've hit with the KBlade a little before, but not enough to really get a feel for it.

I read good reviews about the BLX Blade 98

Overhed
08-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Thank you everyone for your feedback.

At this point, I think I'm going to go with the KBlade 98.

I looked at the TW review of the BLX 98 briefly, and it seems to be a bit of an upgrade over the KBlade version.

Do you guys think it's worth the extra ~$60 or so ($129 for KBlade vs $189 for the BLX) to go for the BLX?

dParis
08-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Thank you everyone for your feedback.

At this point, I think I'm going to go with the KBlade 98.

I looked at the TW review of the BLX 98 briefly, and it seems to be a bit of an upgrade over the KBlade version.

Do you guys think it's worth the extra ~$60 or so ($129 for KBlade vs $189 for the BLX) to go for the BLX?
In a word - no. That's not to say you won't like the BLX more, though. Can't say one is better than the other - just different. I connected with the greater feedback the KBlade gives and was able to swing out with more confidence resulting in more power, spin and accuracy. Again, not to say the KBlade is better than the BLXBlade in those areas - it just worked better for me. Edge to the BLX in comfort.