PDA

View Full Version : What to expect with Prince exo3 Tour demo

cnr1guy
08-09-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm about to demo the Prince EXO3 Tour today but I haven't ever tried any of Prince's new O3, EXO technology, etc. so I'm curious as to what I can expect from hitting with this. I know it will be different from anything I've ever tried before so I thought I'd see what you guys have to say about it.

I'm coming from the APD GT, is this framer going to feel like mush to me?

goran_ace
08-09-2011, 10:33 AM
You're better off going into demoing a racket with no expectations and forming your own opinion based on your own experience with it.

cnr1guy
08-09-2011, 10:55 AM
You're better off going into demoing a racket with no expectations and forming your own opinion based on your own experience with it.

Normally I do. However, I've heard so much about how different the feel is so totally different I wanted to get some opinons from people who might have gonew through this so incase if totally feels like mush or something else I'll know it's not all in my head and normal. But thanks for you opinion anyway :roll:

aggietex08
08-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Going from your Babolat Aeropro Drive GT, it will be worlds different. It takes some getting used to, but it has finally cured my ?racquetholicism? Most people say it provides less feel but I do not find that accurate. It provides a different feel that does take some getting used to. The first time I demoed it it felt different but very nice. Once the one I ordered came in and I played with it, I felt a bit lost on the feel. Once I dialed it in, I am hitting better than ever. I believe the reason was the strings. The demo had syn gut in it, while I use a super soft multi (isospeed control or professional).

Which string pattern are you demoing? I was very surprised that I felt almost no spin difference between the two. The differences I noted were more power, less control and less feel with the open.

cnr1guy
08-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Going from your Babolat Aeropro Drive GT, it will be worlds different. It takes some getting used to, but it has finally cured my ?racquetholicism? Most people say it provides less feel but I do not find that accurate. It provides a different feel that does take some getting used to. The first time I demoed it it felt different but very nice. Once the one I ordered came in and I played with it, I felt a bit lost on the feel. Once I dialed it in, I am hitting better than ever. I believe the reason was the strings. The demo had syn gut in it, while I use a super soft multi (isospeed control or professional).

Which string pattern are you demoing? I was very surprised that I felt almost no spin difference between the two. The differences I noted were more power, less control and less feel with the open.

I am demoing the 16x18. I need something softer on the arms and with less pop and I've always been intreagued by Prince's technology.

5imon
08-09-2011, 05:19 PM
I think you will find it to be very soft (which is why you demo this stick in the first place, right?) For some reason, my first experience with this stick was ok. However, second time out was completely different, i got so much spin and pop on my fh and bh. It has much more feel compare to my first time hitting with this stick and i have to say it's so soft ( the flex might take some time to get used to)
happy hitting :)

aggietex08
08-09-2011, 08:27 PM
I am demoing the 16x18. I need something softer on the arms and with less pop and I've always been intreagued by Prince's technology.

If you want less pop go with the 18x20 pattern. It is VERY soft. I have always used flexy racquets but still had TE. It is almost gone even though I am playing almost 5 hours a day during the summer.

levy1
08-09-2011, 08:54 PM
My first hit with the demo I was slicing and dicing with some crazy spin. I could not get used to the feel. I guess I will pull it out of the bag and work with it some more. I have the open string. What tension is suggested?

tennis-kid
08-09-2011, 09:17 PM
This stick has amazing feeling. It has kind of dampened feeling, which is so comfy for your arm. It is one of the most arm friendly racquet exist.

TheBoom
08-10-2011, 03:33 AM
It is definitely different in terms of feel. At first i thought it was erratic and i had a difficult time figuring the ins and outs of it out but once i did that it was extremely comfortable and the feel was great. It is very flexible so don't baby the ball and the spin is amazing way good

Tried the 18x20

mikeler
08-10-2011, 06:08 AM
I only hit a few minutes with a demo strung with Wilson Sensation. It was the 18 x 20 version and I'm more of 16 main kind of guy. The racket just felt dead to me, but that is why you need a lot of time with your demo to determine if you can adjust to how it plays.

Ben Hadd
08-10-2011, 08:28 AM
The 16x18 felt very awkard.