PDA

View Full Version : X Feel Pro 95: Truly Low Powered?

TimothyO
08-09-2011, 01:48 PM
To users or testers of this frame, is it truly low powered?

That's some of the high level feedback I've seen but I've not been able to find a detailed review.

Anyone know how it compares to the original non-GT Pure Storm Tour?

Agent Orynge
08-09-2011, 03:16 PM
I can't comment on the X Feel Pro, but I presently use the X Force Pro. It gives you what you put into it, that's for sure. Definitely a control racquet, and I can pretty much paint the lines at will with it. I love the feel, and using a good multi improves pop considerably.

Mine are currently strung with Quasi Gut 16 @ 58/55.

TimothyO
08-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Thanks Agent, you always provide great info! That 1:1 feel of input and output is important to me in any racquet.

The Force pro is interesting but the beam is too wide for me. The Feel Pro looks interesting too but thinner beamed.

Agent Orynge
08-09-2011, 03:57 PM
I demoed the X Feel Tour and regular X Force a few months back. The beam width on the regular X Force did bother me a bit, as I felt it contributed to a board-like lower hoop. The X Force Pro, however, has no such problem, and the dwell time is incredible. Both the X Feel Tour and X Force Pro are spin monsters, and that's coming from a guy who hits a pretty flat eastern forehand.

I've been very impressed with Pacific's offerings thus far, especially the QA/QC. I got both my X Force Pros second hand, and they weighed within a gram of each other stock. I do think there's a hole in their lineup without a ~11.5 ounce offering, but I'm very pleased with my current frames. I highly recommend Pacific.

Nextman916
08-10-2011, 10:09 AM
I don't think its low powered at all, when I demoed the x feel pro 95 it was alot more powerful than my fischer m pro no 1's (what the x force pro 98 mold is from). I wrote my first impressions on the frame along with the x feel 90, where the 95 felt like a pure drive in comparison.

TimothyO
08-10-2011, 04:51 PM
According to the TWU data it's uber powered. Weird.

And now a moot point.

Today I demoed the IG Speed 300. It is the perfect racquet.

:)

I threw on two overgrips with some lead sandwhiched in between and a little in the hoop to bring it to 11.9oz and 9pts HL. WOW!

The soft frame feels great, very comfy. TONS of spin, even with some seriosuly crooked and worn demo multi, due to the very open string pattern.

The really amazing part was the level of control in spite of the open string pattern on a 100" head. I had abandoned such open patterns for the precision of dense string beds but really missed the greater spin potential. The thing has all of the touch and precision of denser patterns but with the spin of open patterns.

It's also lower powered without being a wet blanket. It's somewhere between the PSLGT and Speed MP 18x20. With the PSLGT you definitely need to work hard to generate pace. Generating good yet controllable pace is much easier with the 300. Maybe it's the higher spin but I also found myself not hitting as many long shots as with the MP 18x20.

One hand back hands are a breeze too. The frame cuts through the air like a knife so your arm isn't fighting mass and wind resistance.

At 11.1 oz stock it's too light for me but well within striking distance of my favorite weight/balance combo of about 12oz and 10pts HL plus or minus. There's lots of room for customization and the base head feels very soild in spite of the lower base weight.

I was so impressed with the 300 I sold a few old frames at a local sports consignment shop and used the proceeds to immediately purchase a 300. It will be strung Thursday morning with my usual gut/poly hybrid for use at a club event Thursday night.