PDA

View Full Version : a 3.0-3.5 player need some advice!

kyofu
08-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Hello,
I'm a 3.0 player,i often use topspin and 1h backhand..
i really need some advice here..
i just bought a asian blx six one 95 a month ago which weight about 325g strung,9pt HL(unstrung)
i found it was very heavy to swing,i tired easily and sluggish,but my stroke is more consistent than my previous racquet..

and then i tried my friend's racquet,a wilson kfactor kfour,which is much much lighter (286g strung,3pt HH), i found it very comfortable to swing,and i could generate a powerful stroke with it,but my shot was not as consistent as my six one..

now i'm planning to buy a new racket that is :
-not too light and not too heavy
-head size 95-100
-easy to swing (light)
-generate much power
-standard length 27"

here is my choices :

1.volkl organix 6
2.blx six one team
3.blx surge
4.blx bold
5.blx blade lite

or do you have another suggestion?
the racquet must be a babolat,wilson,prince or volkl because they are easy to find here in my country..

Thank you so much and sorry for my bad english..

Dunlop300t
08-10-2011, 08:23 AM
so no head? if those are not available here are my suggestions,
1. Blx tour
2. Volkl organix 6 or 8 the 8 is heavier, and i felt it has a better feel
3. prince exo3 tour 16x18 (careful this is totally different and will take time for you to adjust)
I presonally feel that the blx blade 98 might be good but only if you like the feel. p.s. your english is fine :) and also stay away from the blx sixone racquets they are not good if you dont like the feel.

tim2
08-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Here's my take on this since I've gone through a "few" racquets lately :)
The problems with light rckt is that when you play with the big hitters, you won't be able to handle them or their big serves.

Babolat: Out of the whole line, I prefer the Pure Drive GT Roddick the most due to it heft, spins and power.
Cons are control, balls fly all over, and shoulder and arm pain after playing due to stiffness of rckt.

Dunlop: liked the Biomimetic 200 Lite the most, and still liking it.

Head: Ig 300 or 325 or so so, nothing to write home about.

Wilson: Liked the blx95 18x20, but get tired by the 4th set due to it weight and heavy swing weight.
That brings us to my new favorite stick, the BLX Blade 98, just a tad light, but good spins, good power and very stable.
Due to Wilson's specs being all over the place, you need to go to the shop, check out a few sticks and find one that weighs and swings to your liking before deciding to go home with it.
Strings are picky on the BLX Blade98, I found that the string that works best on this stick is the Solinco Tour Bite 18 at 58 lbs.

Prince: Not too excited about their new EXO tour line.

Volkl: I just found the Organix line too powerful on the 8, and the 10 was just ok.

Hope this helped, post more if you have questions.

kyofu
08-10-2011, 08:39 AM
so no head? if those are not available here are my suggestions,
1. Blx tour
2. Volkl organix 6 or 8 the 8 is heavier, and i felt it has a better feel
3. prince exo3 tour 16x18 (careful this is totally different and will take time for you to adjust)
I presonally feel that the blx blade 98 might be good but only if you like the feel. p.s. your english is fine :) and also stay away from the blx sixone racquets they are not good if you dont like the feel.

Thanks for your answer..
Unfortunately head is hard to find here in indonesia..So no head :)
Personally i dont like blx tour length which is 27.25"..and prince exo3,doesnt they have a high swingweight?

kyofu
08-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Here's my take on this since I've gone through a "few" racquets lately :)
The problems with light rckt is that when you play with the big hitters, you won't be able to handle them or their big serves.

Babolat: Out of the whole line, I prefer the Pure Drive GT Roddick the most due to it heft, spins and power.
Cons are control, balls fly all over, and shoulder and arm pain after playing due to stiffness of rckt.

Dunlop: liked the Biomimetic 200 Lite the most, and still liking it.

Head: Ig 300 or 325 or so so, nothing to write home about.

Wilson: Liked the blx95 18x20, but get tired by the 4th set due to it weight and heavy swing weight.
That brings us to my new favorite stick, the BLX Blade 98, just a tad light, but good spins, good power and very stable.
Due to Wilson's specs being all over the place, you need to go to the shop, check out a few sticks and find one that weighs and swings to your liking before deciding to go home with it.
Strings are picky on the BLX Blade98, I found that the string that works best on this stick is the Solinco Tour Bite 18 at 58 lbs.

Prince: Not too excited about their new EXO tour line.

Volkl: I just found the Organix line too powerful on the 8, and the 10 was just ok.

Hope this helped, post more if you have questions.

Thanks for your answer
Actually i'm looking for a light racquet(below 300g) and a lower swingweight..
I need a racquet that could generate high power yet easy to swing bcause of its lightness... How about the lite version of blx blade98?it's much lighter...

bignate76
08-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks for your answer
Actually i'm looking for a light racquet(below 300g) and a lower swingweight..
I need a racquet that could generate high power yet easy to swing bcause of its lightness... How about the lite version of blx blade98?it's much lighter...

i recently went on the new racquet quest. I settled on a prince speedport black that i got via trade. the racquet i traded was an babolat aero storm cortex that wore my shoulder out. the speedport is not much lighter but man does it swing easier. i would try the speedport black out also i cant say enough about this racquet.

tim2
08-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Different strokes for different folks.
Lots of my friends play with the Babolat Pure Drive GT light and liking it, but for me, too light is not a good thing, so is too heavy :-)

OldButGame
08-10-2011, 04:08 PM
This isnt very helpful,..but personally I like Volkls stuff,....relative to the others mentioned,...for me personally I'd go Volkl just 'because',...

Timbo's hopeless slice
08-10-2011, 04:45 PM
I wonder if you have looked at the Volkl 4? The 6 is a bit of a granny stick, really.. The 4 is still light, but feels a bit more, I dunno, 'solid' to me...

OldButGame
08-10-2011, 04:57 PM
The Volkl Powerbridges are going cheap right now,....I really like the PB10 MP,....specs out similar to the blx six one 95 (but 98"head),....but i find it pretty easy to swing,...its great with my 1HBH,...but its an individual preference thingy,...:neutral:

kyofu
08-10-2011, 05:41 PM
This isnt very helpful,..but personally I like Volkls stuff,....relative to the others mentioned,...for me personally I'd go Volkl just 'because',...
what were u talking about,that was very helpful really :) thanks
I wonder if you have looked at the Volkl 4? The 6 is a bit of a granny stick, really.. The 4 is still light, but feels a bit more, I dunno, 'solid' to me...
what do you mean by granny stick?:shock:
volkl 4 and 6 have a similar spec,the only difference is volkl 4 have more length(+0.6") which i personally dont like..

The Volkl Powerbridges are going cheap right now,....I really like the PB10 MP,....specs out similar to the blx six one 95 (but 98"head),....but i find it pretty easy to swing,...its great with my 1HBH,...but its an individual preference thingy,...:neutral:
personally i prefer the organix..because in Indonesia PB and Organix they cost the same..

Timbo's hopeless slice
08-10-2011, 06:13 PM
what do you mean by granny stick?:shock:
volkl 4 and 6 have a similar spec,the only difference is volkl 4 have more length(+0.6") which i personally dont like..

Not really, actually. The head sizes are different, the 4 has a 5 pts HL balance and a more traditional 16 x 19 string pattern compared to the 6's 16 x 18 (very open) and even weight distribution.

These differences, especially the balance, change the way the racquets play significantly.

kyofu
08-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Not really, actually. The head sizes are different, the 4 has a 5 pts HL balance and a more traditional 16 x 19 string pattern compared to the 6's 16 x 18 (very open) and even weight distribution.

These differences, especially the balance, change the way the racquets play significantly.

okay,i'll check it out at the store later..
any other suggestion or opinion?
why did no-one mention wilson?are volkls better than wilsons?

Timbo's hopeless slice
08-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Wilson design great racquets but they don't seem to get them made very well. Lots of quality control issues. Poor paint and large variances in weight and balance are the big problems.