PDA

View Full Version : Fake aeropro drive gt racket?

Kaz110
08-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Hello guys, I'm new to the forum.

I purchased an aeropro drive gt racket online, however the racket just came in the case with no packaging on the racket. On the strings the babolat logo is not there which has led me to believe that it could be fake.

Please take a look at the pics and let me know what you reckon.

http://imageshack.us/g/834/sam0326i.jpg/

Thanks guys

BobFL
08-10-2011, 08:58 AM
I think it's authentic...

Bud
08-10-2011, 09:10 AM

I purchased an aeropro drive gt racket online, however the racket just came in the case with no packaging on the racket. On the strings the babolat logo is not there which has led me to believe that it could be fake.

Thanks guys

What would lead you to believe it's fake? Perhaps, somebody removed the hanging tags and strung it up for a hit (without removing the grip plastic). Not everybody stencils the Babolat logo on the strings.

I don't see any indication (based on your photos) that it's fake. If it's a fake, it's a damned great one :)

BTW, was it sold to you as brand new?

Fuji
08-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Looks good to me! A lot of people I play with, use that exact frame and it looks spot on. If it IS a fake, it's easily one of the best I've seen!

(Don't worry about the stencil, I never stencil my racket because it just comes off with in a few hours of hitting anyway!)

-Fuji

LMW
08-10-2011, 09:33 AM
It could be fake.

smashs
08-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Fake 99,9%:twisted:

smashs
08-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Here you go link, fake or not discussion

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=374515&highlight=fake

TheOneHander
08-10-2011, 09:58 AM
It's legitimate. I think the seller strung it for you, personally. And APDGTs wouldn't come pre-strung, much less stenciled, so you don't have to worry about that. Another good indicator is the metallic blue/silver on the throat-fake racquets cannot replicate that. It's also a positive sign that the grommets look legitimate, as does the Cortex.

I don't know what those other two were talking about.

Dunlop300t
08-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Fake 99,9%:twisted:

why must you freak the kid???... :l jk lol btw the racuquet is real, the gt weaving part seems real.

babolat king
08-10-2011, 10:20 AM
its real. everything about it is legit.

mrtrinh
08-10-2011, 10:35 AM
100% legit... just hit with it and enjoy

zapvor
08-10-2011, 10:42 AM
it shouldnt come prestrung though. so its not brand new

babolat king
08-10-2011, 11:02 AM

Thanks guys

Where did you buy it from online? A store or an individual?

zapvor
08-10-2011, 11:05 AM
you know i hate to remind you guys but here goes again-you buy a tennis racket pretty much for life. its not like you can only use it 20times. so spend the extra $40 and buy from a legit place like TW and save yourself the headache. unless you are getting them for like $50 brand new. we got too many threads on whether its fake or not. come on.......

babolat king
08-10-2011, 11:20 AM
^^True Dat

Zagor Tenay
08-11-2011, 04:13 AM
you know i hate to remind you guys but here goes again-you buy a tennis racket pretty much for life. its not like you can only use it 20times. so spend the extra $40 and buy from a legit place like TW and save yourself the headache. unless you are getting them for like $50 brand new. we got too many threads on whether its fake or not. come on.......

absolutely right

Steve Huff
08-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Terrible stringjob, but don't see anything that would lead me to believe the racket is fake. Strung bottom to top, and didn't even bother straightening the strings.

Kaz110
08-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Thank you all very much for the replies. It was a relief to know it's legit especially after having spent 150 on it.

What would lead you to believe it's fake? Perhaps, somebody removed the hanging tags and strung it up for a hit (without removing the grip plastic). Not everybody stencils the Babolat logo on the strings.

I don't see any indication (based on your photos) that it's fake. If it's a fake, it's a damned great one :)

BTW, was it sold to you as brand new?

The reason I thought it was a fake was mainly because the logo isn't on the strings but I didn't know until reading the replies on here that the racket (and I'm assuming some other rackets as well) doesn't come prestrung . So that was a bit ignorant of me. And yeah it was sold as new.

Where did you buy it from online? A store or an individual?

Initially I ordered the racket from a major sports retailer here in the UK but after like 4 days they still hadn't dispatched it and then when I rang up I was told they were out of stock of the size i wanted. Then I came across an ad on google of a sports website I'd never heard of and I decided to get it from there.

Zapvor, you are correct, in hindsight if I'd bought it from a well reknowned place then the question of the racket being legit or not wouldn't have even crossed my mind.

flashfire276
08-11-2011, 06:18 PM
On the strings the babolat logo is not there which has led me to believe that it could be fake.

Welcome to big boy racquets.....

txt858
08-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Congratulation, it's authentic. This is how you can tell just by looking at the stringbed.

[img]http://i56.tinypic.com/30jr5ec.jpg[\img]

txt858
08-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Congratulation, it's authentic. This is how you can tell just by looking at the stringbed.

http://i56.tinypic.com/30jr5ec.jpg

flashfire276
08-12-2011, 12:15 AM

http://i56.tinypic.com/30jr5ec.jpg

Hey, this is a great post!
Usually, we would just look at cosmetic issues like paint, buttbap, and a weird hologram. But this is new to me!

levy1
08-12-2011, 06:01 AM

+1 I agree

levy1
08-12-2011, 06:05 AM
Hey, this is a great post!
Usually, we would just look at cosmetic issues like paint, buttbap, and a weird hologram. But this is new to me!

I dont get it. It crosses 3 times, what does that mean? I count 19 crosses which is correct.

txt858
08-12-2011, 08:13 AM
I dont get it. It crosses 3 times, what does that mean? I count 19 crosses which is correct.

look at the ARROWS in the picture. The MAIN and CROSS will intersect 3 times which indicates it's a FAKE. Look at your real racquet the MAIN and CROSS will only intersect TWICE at the bottom stringbed. So let say you wanted to change out your grommet. The Aeropro grommet WILL NOT fit on this fake one. The holes are totally misalign.

flashfire276
08-12-2011, 08:18 AM

Yes, it has 19 crosses. But you have to look at the specific stringbed layout, also known as the drill pattern.

PimpMyGame
08-12-2011, 08:23 AM
it shouldnt come prestrung though. so its not brand new

This is not true for rackets sold in the UK. Some major online stores give you the option of receiving the rackets unstrung, but 99.9% of all new rackets sold in the UK are pre-strung.

Edit - I am aware that the string job is not a factory one, I just wanted to make this point as a generalisation...