PDA

View Full Version : TT login

thug the bunny
08-10-2011, 12:40 PM
When I log on it usually takes several tries before it works. I always get the welcome message, but then my screen returns to the login screen.

???

diredesire
08-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Generally a cookie problem. Have you tried refreshing the page after it drops you back to the page (after logging in?)

What browser are you using, btw? OS?

Dags
08-10-2011, 02:10 PM
I get this problem frequently. I've had it under XP and 7 with IE, FF and Chrome.

I now get it with Lion in both Safari and Chrome. It drives me potty. It seems to cache certain pages. Let's say I want to reply to a post: I press the reply button and get the login page. I log in successfully, but it returns the login page. Repeat. I decide to return to the main TT forum page. It shows I'm logged in. I then go to the sub-forum. I'm still logged in. I click on the post... nope, no longer logged in.

Occasionally it clears itself and works fine for a few days, but it's broken more often than not. It isn't helped by the timeout period being so short - sometimes I've been logged out in the time it's taken me to write a post.

PureAlph4
08-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Same problem here using FF on 7 (have just done a fresh install and same problems as before).

asiank90
08-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Same happens to me, what I do is fill in the login details then press enter, then it takes me back to the homepage with me being logged in. Then I press f5 and then it logs me in.

Agent Orynge
08-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Just refresh the page, guys. Also, always copy your message before hitting post, just in case you time out.

thug the bunny
08-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Thanks AO, the refresh trick works. Yay!