PDA

View Full Version : Asics Challenger 8 vs 7 - anyone worn both?

TripleB
08-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Has anyone worn both the Asics Challenger 8 shoes and the Asics Challenger 7 shoes?

To those that have, did you find a big difference in the two? If so, what differences did you find?

Like the looks of the 8 better but probably not $33 better if they feel and play pratically the same.

Thanks.

TripleB

netman
08-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Has anyone worn both the Asics Challenger 8 shoes and the Asics Challenger 7 shoes?

To those that have, did you find a big difference in the two? If so, what differences did you find?

Like the looks of the 8 better but probably not $33 better if they feel and play pratically the same.

Thanks.

TripleB

I just put my first 2 hours on the 7s and was blown away. Great support, great cushioning and good ventilation. For the price, they are hard to beat, particularly if you wear out soles like I do. I have worn many versions of Barricades, Fila Alfas, Nikes and Wilsons, and have to say am blown away by the Challenger 7s. Out of the box comfort and only $50. A steal.

-k-

TripleB
08-10-2011, 07:33 PM
I just put my first 2 hours on the 7s and was blown away. Great support, great cushioning and good ventilation. For the price, they are hard to beat, particularly if you wear out soles like I do. I have worn many versions of Barricades, Fila Alfas, Nikes and Wilsons, and have to say am blown away by the Challenger 7s. Out of the box comfort and only $50. A steal.

Thanks for your input on both post.

I'm not sure what colors the 7 was offered in when it first came out, but did you get the Black/Pale Gold model of the 7?

Is the gold a true gold color is it more of a yellow?

Thanks again for your input. I think I'll be ordering a pair of the 7s or 8s this weekend. Really loving the looks of the 8's in the black shoe (typically wear black tennis shoes), but the $33 savings would look nice in my pocket.

TripleB

t-swede
08-11-2011, 07:20 AM
[QUOTE=TripleB;5892677]Thanks for your input on both post.

I'm not sure what colors the 7 was offered in when it first came out, but did you get the Black/Pale Gold model of the 7?

Thanks again for your input. I think I'll be ordering a pair of the 7s or 8s this weekend. Really loving the looks of the 8's in the black shoe (typically wear black tennis shoes), but the $33 savings would look nice in my pocket.

TripleB[/QUOT

triple if money is not an issue i would choose the 8 over the 7 as i have the 8 and its better in every department soft no break in needed very cushy and durability seems better .

bad_call
08-11-2011, 07:57 AM
is the toe box width the same for 7 & 8 ?

netman
08-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Thanks for your input on both post.

TripleB

Its a true gold color. If money is no object go with the shoe that makes you happy. I have found that sometimes the new version is a great improvement and sometimes its not. Since I haven't had much experience with ASICS tennis shoes, I'll defer to those who have.

-k-

mad dog1
08-18-2011, 10:25 AM

-k-

hey netman, how do the challenger 7s fit compared to the barricade v? also did you get the same size? i've always found asics running shoes to run about a half size smaller. i wear a 9 1/2 barricade v and was wondering the same size challenger 7 would fit. thanks!

mad dog1
08-22-2011, 09:51 PM
thanks, Netman, for sharing your experience with the challenger 7s. i ordered a pair that should be arriving tomorrow. :)

mad dog1
11-03-2011, 12:30 AM
well, i've discovered the durability of the challenger 7s suck big time. Horrible durability. that's horrible spelled w/ a capital H! i wore through the outersole under the big toe in approximately 5 weeks. while i received the shoes at the end of august, i couldn't play for the first 3 wks to allow my wrist tendinitis to heal. after playing this past sat, the outersole on one shoe had worn through to the midsole. after playing this tuesday, the outersole under the big toe on the other shoe has started to show through. i'll probably play another week or two before sending them back for the 6 month durability guarantee. i'm not a big toe dragger so i've never worn through the outersole of any tennis shoe in 5 weeks time. while the asics were light and comfortable, this is likely the last time i'll buy a pair of asics again.