PDA

View Full Version : Big companies doing well in sales??

Buckethead
08-10-2011, 07:23 PM
This is the second or third time Wilson and HEAD have models that are yet to be discontinued or new models on sale.

HEAD for 2 years in row had the Extreme and Instinct models being replaced year by year, probably due to poor sales, since these rackets are horrible.

Prince has their 2 months launched rackets with $30 bucks discount among others.

I'm assuming Wilson's strategy is to try to push their inventory out since the new paint jobs line will come out next year or earlier and the same applies for the HEAD radical line.

But so far no rackets launched this year with discounts from Babolat, Dunlop and Yonex.

Tecnifibre has already launched one different paint job, there will new PJs in about a week or so and even though no rackets on sale.

Big ones are not doing that good I think, if people are buying rackets why to give discounts? If people are not buying their rackets then discounts explain a lot.

I'm still amazed that racket prices have not gone up with the devaluation of the US$ and everything becoming more expensive.

HiroProtagonist
08-10-2011, 07:38 PM
So you read the Babolat MAP thread and then decided to make your own thread on the very same topics being discussed there.

How incredibly awesome of you....

mctennis
08-10-2011, 07:38 PM
People are going to give up only so much money in this economy. I think the racquet manufacturers know this and keep the prices within certain price ranges. I see the Donnay racquets have come down in price than what they originally were priced at. You can only hype the racquets so much and expect to get the consumer to open their wallets to buy one. I think, or hope anyway, the tennis consumers don't believe everything the racquet manufacturers promise their new racquets will do.

Buckethead
08-10-2011, 08:25 PM
People are going to give up only so much money in this economy. I think the racquet manufacturers know this and keep the prices within certain price ranges. I see the Donnay racquets have come down in price than what they originally were priced at. You can only hype the racquets so much and expect to get the consumer to open their wallets to buy one. I think, or hope anyway, the tennis consumers don't believe everything the racquet manufacturers promise their new racquets will do.
I agree.

Donnay rackets were incredibly over priced, they should be no more than what they are now or even less, there absolutely nothing exceptional on their rackets that other companies don't have, only difference is the design, which it is up to people to test, like it, or not.

Still the new Dunlop line and last year's Yonex EZONE and this year's VCore not on sale, while the big 3 are desperate to get rid of their inventory.

I don't see Prince rackets as I used to anymore, that is one thing I noticed in my club.