PDA

View Full Version : Head Radical Pro II shoe

jk175d
08-11-2011, 05:13 AM
ANyone try these shoes? I've been a big fan of the Prestige Pro line but kind of wanted to switch up the cosmetics after several consecutive pairs. Looks like the Radical has the exact same outsole (as does the Speed Pro), has anyone compared the Radical with the Prestige? Pros/cons? even?

jk175d
08-16-2011, 06:41 PM
well, since no one else had anything to say and I've now worn the Radical Pro IIs, I'll answer my own question. As always, Head shoes feel great out of the box. The Radical is more like the Prestige than it is the Speed Pro. The Speed Pro has a sort of rubber shell that makes the whole shoe more stiff feeling. The Radical is probably the softest of the three, and after about an hour into my first time wearing them I had to snug up the laces a little as the shoe began to stretch. I like the Rad though, very much like the Prestige only slightly softer shell and maybe a little roomier in the forefoot, (good for me as I have wide feet). It's no big deal at all to transition from one of these Head shoes to the other.

bigmalik76
08-22-2011, 02:29 PM
well, since no one else had anything to say and I've now worn the Radical Pro IIs, I'll answer my own question. As always, Head shoes feel great out of the box. The Radical is more like the Prestige than it is the Speed Pro. The Speed Pro has a sort of rubber shell that makes the whole shoe more stiff feeling. The Radical is probably the softest of the three, and after about an hour into my first time wearing them I had to snug up the laces a little as the shoe began to stretch. I like the Rad though, very much like the Prestige only slightly softer shell and maybe a little roomier in the forefoot, (good for me as I have wide feet). It's no big deal at all to transition from one of these Head shoes to the other.
So how do like the Speed Pro overall. Could you give some more feedback? Since the outsole of those three head shoes looks identical would assuming that the cushioning and ride of those shoes are the same and just the support and breath-ability as well as room in the upper is different?

jk175d
08-22-2011, 06:50 PM
So how do like the Speed Pro overall. Could you give some more feedback? Since the outsole of those three head shoes looks identical would assuming that the cushioning and ride of those shoes are the same and just the support and breath-ability as well as room in the upper is different?

I'd say that's about it in a nutshell. I think I might conclude that the Prestige is my favorite of the 3. The Speed Pro is a little stiffer feeling because of the upper's "shell". The insole seems a little more durable than the other two, so those two factors perhaps make the speed pro the most supportive. The Radical Pro is a little softer than the other two, as I said before, the comfort is great but I do find myself snugging up the laces a couple of times each time I play to get the shoe feeling more supportive. The Prestige is somewhere between the other two.

I like all three shoes, and I'm happy with the Radical, but next time I buy a pair I'll probably go back to the Prestige.

bigmalik76
08-23-2011, 06:05 AM
^^^ Thank you for sharing the information. Since I like a good support I will give the Speed Pros a try. Hopefully they will fit my foot. I am currently wearing Barricade Vs but they have holes and need replacement asap.