PDA

View Full Version : Pro Kennex but cap

levy1
08-11-2011, 05:57 AM
Can some tell me how it comes off and will some lead fit in there?

goran_ace
08-11-2011, 06:04 AM
From TW's learning center:

"There are a few racquets that won’t allow for adding weight inside the handle, which is the procedure outlined below. They typically feature some sort of handle system for dampening frame shock & vibration. For these racquets, including Pro Kennex's Kinetic models, you’ll need to add weight by wrapping lead tape around the top of the handle."

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/customize.html

levy1
08-11-2011, 06:28 AM
From TW's learning center:

"There are a few racquets that won’t allow for adding weight inside the handle, which is the procedure outlined below. They typically feature some sort of handle system for dampening frame shock & vibration. For these racquets, including Pro Kennex's Kinetic models, you’ll need to add weight by wrapping lead tape around the top of the handle."

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/customize.html

It is not a kinetic model. It is a Destiny Advance 290

Power Player
08-11-2011, 06:58 AM
I think it is considered a kinetic model but I am not 100% sure on that one.

Have you unwrapped the grip and looked to see if the buttend comes off with a staple?

goran_ace
08-11-2011, 07:05 AM
I'm not familiar with that specific racket, but looking at the pics/description on TW it appears to have a typical handle/buttcap so it is probably held on with staples.

vsdtrek
08-11-2011, 07:05 AM
Can some tell me how it comes off and will some lead fit in there?

I had purchased a used Ki5 and someone had removed the capp and wrapped lead around the kinetic insert. It was basically a post attached to the cap.

Steve Huff
08-11-2011, 02:18 PM
The Destiny series is a little tougher to add weight inside the handle as the end is plugged with the handle material (the Ceramic Destinies I have are, anyway). You'd probably need to drill a hole into the end of the handle (after removing the butt cap). Truthfully, it's probably not worth the effort, but if you're in the mood to experiment, it could be done. You'd want to drill out enough material so you'd have a clear access to the entire opening into the frame, just to make sure you can secure whatever wt you add. You'd hate to drill a small hole, stuff something through that wasn't large enough to stay in place, then have to find a way to dig it out.

maxply
08-11-2011, 04:01 PM
I was thinking about adding weight to mine and since I find the stock grip with an over perfect I am hesitant to remove the grip. My solution will be to glue a washer of about 5g to the bottom of the butt cap . I will paint the washer black to make it blend in.