PDA

View Full Version : Junior Player looking for new racquet...suggestions?

aceprojesus
08-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Hi guys, I'm currently playing with the Exo3 black and I do like it but I want a racquet that offers more spin and better serving. I'm working on adding more spin and depth to my shots to be able to compete with the top guys. Do you guys have any racquet suggestions?

Fuji
08-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Hrmmm well the Exo3 Black I find is one of the better serving rackets out there and spin comes from technique. A racket won't automatically make you hit topspin ground strokes! :)

If you answer a few questions, we will probably be able to help you out!

1) What type of game do you play? (Baseline/all court/serve volley/pusher/counter puncher?)
2) Any arm problems to speak of?
3) What type of string set up are you using?
4) What type of Swing Style do you have? (Fast/slow, Hard/light)
5) Do you need any extra length on your rackets?
6) How do you like your racket to swing? (Swing light, swing a bit heavier?)
7) What type of flex do you like in your racket? (Stiff/firm/flexy)

If you give an answer to these it will greatly narrow down what you are looking for! Answer as many as you can, as I know some are hard to think of! :)

-Fuji

pyrokid
08-11-2011, 09:42 AM
To be honest, the black is already a monster spin frame. If you want more spin, you'll have to compensate in another category like power or control.

TheBoom
08-11-2011, 09:44 AM
You should probably change your strokes

thebeast73
08-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Exo 3 tour maybe

aceprojesus
08-11-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm a baseline player who will look to come to the net to mix things up. I mainly counter punch, but I'm looking to play a more aggressive game style. I don't have any arm problems. I'm currently using a full set of luxilon big banger @ 58lbs. I have a fast/hard swing style. Extra length on my racquet is something I might consider exploring. I seem to like the racquets with heavier swingweights. I tend to like firm/flexier racquets.

Fuji
08-11-2011, 10:44 AM
I'm a baseline player who will look to come to the net to mix things up. I mainly counter punch, but I'm looking to play a more aggressive game style. I don't have any arm problems. I'm currently using a full set of luxilon big banger @ 58lbs. I have a fast/hard swing style. Extra length on my racquet is something I might consider exploring. I seem to like the racquets with heavier swingweights. I tend to like firm/flexier racquets.

Perfect!

A few sticks I would check out are the...

Yonex RQiS 1 Tour: Great counter punching stick, very comfortable, lots of spin! A bit low powered, but it does make up for it with it's ridiculous amounts of spin. Also, only 90 bucks or so on TW right now. I used this racket for a while and really loved it. There is a whole thread listed of reviews on it. Link below...

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=378085

Pro Kennex Kinetic Pro 7G - Extended length player racket that has a fair bit of power and spin. I never clicked with XL sticks, but this one has gotten some rave reviews. It's in the middle of the pack for stiffness at a 66, so it might be closer to what you are used to playing with. Reviews Below...

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=372601

Prokennex Kinetic Pro 5G: Pretty much the same stick as the 7G, but in a standard length. It was a super comfy hit, and served really well for me, but the ground strokes again didn't click with me.

Wilson BLX Pro Tour: It's a bit different, as it has a closed string pattern, but I found it was really fun serving with. Has plenty of control, but not as much spin as the Yonex. It's a bit flexy, but not overly so as to rob power from your shots.

Finally, the Head Youtek Prestige Pro. It it almost the ideal jack of all trades for your game. It's got the 66 stiffness for some power and pop, and I find the D30 technology actually works. Great for serving and groundstrokes. Lots of spin and free power. Pretty good at the net as well. I entertained this racket for a while before I found greener pastures, but it is for sure a contender for someone with your type of game!

Any questions / if you want more suggestions, just ask! :)

-Fuji