PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Racquet to Grow Into

Alexander
07-05-2005, 02:47 AM
I'm a 3.0 lefty w/ a semi-western forehand and 2hb. For the past few months I've played with a friend's stick, a Japanese version of the Prince Boron (judging from the graphite/boron content and 2 crossbars in the throat). I like the solid feel and nice spin, but sometimes I have difficulty creating depth and power. Anyway, my friend is leaving for college and he'll want his racquet back. So I have an opportunity to get a nice new stick that I can grow into as I develop as a player. I'm currently taking lessons and I want to be competitive. My goal is to enter a tournament before next summer. I want a solid racquet w/ good feel and a more forgiving sweetspot. Most importantly I want something that will force me to develop good technique. Is that a good idea? What racquets would you suggest?

Currently, I'm looking at the Wilson ncode n6.1 95, Wilson ncode n5, Wilson Hyper Prostaff Surge, Babolat PD standard, the POG OS, and Prince NXG. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ryoma Kun
07-05-2005, 03:07 AM
ps6.0 85

learn using a real stick, then demo some later and find the one for you. you can't go wrong learning tennis with the orginal.

Go Tennis
07-05-2005, 03:19 AM
To help you to learn the strokes: LM Radical MP. Perfect.