PDA

View Full Version : Prince Exo3 Ignite Team Grommets?

redfist1000
08-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Today I recieved another ignite team racket that i bought online. However, the grommets look different from the one i already own. The one I have right now has holes to stick string throught the grommet while stringing but the one I recieved do not have any holes at all? I was just wondering is this normal and does it affect playability or string durability? Thanks!

thebeast73
08-11-2011, 02:59 PM
those are the Exo 3 technology grommets. They are a ***** to string but supposedly enlarge the sweetspot.

tata
08-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Today I recieved another ignite team racket that i bought online. However, the grommets look different from the one i already own. The one I have right now has holes to stick string throught the grommet while stringing but the one I recieved do not have any holes at all? I was just wondering is this normal and does it affect playability or string durability? Thanks!

looks like u got the one with port inserts while the one u had before was string inserts. check your order and see if they left it out

ricki
08-12-2011, 12:39 AM
in europe they sold ignites only with open ports

redfist1000
08-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Oh i see! do the port inserts differ from the string inserts in any way besides looks?

themitchmann
08-14-2011, 01:59 AM
Yes, they tone down the power of the stringbed a bit and provide a little more feel IMO.