PDA

View Full Version : Scared to buy Barricade 6s

Virginiuh
08-12-2011, 05:59 AM
Right now I have a pair of Nike Breathe 2k10s but there is a hole and I play about 3 hours a day so I need to replace it badly. I've worn the Barricade 6 right out of the box and it felt soo stiff compared to my lightweight current shoe. I don't really mind the weight as much, I just don't want a shoes that feels like a brick. How's the break in on the shoe? Does it become as soft (relatively) as the Breathes or do the remain bricks? I know they are as hard as they are because of the stability and the extra rubber for durability but I want a shoes that is or becomes flexible and decent to play in. Thanks

The_Question
08-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Then have you thought about Barricade Team??

TennisLovaLova
08-12-2011, 07:25 AM
Dont buy them then
and buy some asics

Virginiuh
08-12-2011, 07:46 AM
I really don't like the aesthetics of Asics, it kinda makes a difference to me. Will they get softer though?

TopFH
08-12-2011, 08:45 AM
^Yes they will. I now use the B6s, but my previous ones were 2K10s. However, the break-in is tough.

adidasman
08-12-2011, 08:54 AM
I didn't have much break-in trouble with my B6s. The adiZero Feathers, on the other hand...

mathieu
08-12-2011, 09:00 AM
The adiZero Feathers, on the other hand...

It's weird how adidas got all their players to wear these shoes despite how painful they were said to be. They don't look like paintjobs or customized, so maybe the pros like the stiff feel?

yonexpurestorm
08-12-2011, 09:08 AM
im going through the breakin period right now, but they are starting to feel really good. at first really stiff, but now they have molded to my feet. and i have really flat feet so it took a little longer. i really like the stability they offer.

spillai
08-12-2011, 09:12 AM
I personally think the stiffness makes them nicer. They do get softer once they are broken in, but maybe not as soft as 2k11

purple-n-gold
08-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Don't be afraid of the break-in; I wore mine casually for a few days and they were fine on the court first time. I wear all my sneaks around the house and casually before breaking them out at work or for match play.

They are plush right out of the box compared to my 3.3 swooshi brick bombs that still aint comfy after 2 frigging months!

Gasolina
08-12-2011, 09:36 AM
It's weird how adidas got all their players to wear these shoes despite how painful they were said to be. They don't look like paintjobs or customized, so maybe the pros like the stiff feel?
Maybe adidas "breaks" their shoes for them?

Casual Friday and I'm wearing my white/black B6's at the office!

adidasman
08-12-2011, 10:47 AM
It's weird how adidas got all their players to wear these shoes despite how painful they were said to be. They don't look like paintjobs or customized, so maybe the pros like the stiff feel? Don't misunderstand me - the Feathers are probably the best hard court shoe I've ever had. Really light, great traction, great support, and great-looking to boot. But the breakin period was much tougher than any I can recall. Now that they're broken in, though, they are fantastic.

Virginiuh
08-12-2011, 11:44 AM
So after break in for the B6s, will they get to be as comfortable as the 2k10s even out of the box? Breathes felt really nice right out of the box, I hit the courts with no break in whatsoever and it felt great.

Ambivalent
08-12-2011, 12:00 PM
B6s break in well and are very comfortable after the first couple hours.

mathieu
08-12-2011, 02:10 PM
So after break in for the B6s, will they get to be as comfortable as the 2k10s even out of the box? Breathes felt really nice right out of the box, I hit the courts with no break in whatsoever and it felt great.

I COMPLETELY disagree with you. All the stiff rubber on the outer of the 2k10 made it very stiff feeling at the beginning, whereas the B6 is all synthetic leather material which is much softer. Thus the B6 break-in was so much easier and quicker than the 2k10. Took me 10 hrs to fully break in the 2k10's, but now they are really nice. B6's only took 2 hrs of break in, and felt like heaven afterwards.

Dan007
08-12-2011, 02:54 PM
I thought B6 would be tough to break in after hearing all those stories about it being stiff and all but for me I thought it was very comfortable out of the box, it took just 1-2 days to break in. My last shoe was breathe cage 2 and man those took me weeks to break in and just felt uncomfortable until it finally did break in

bruintennis
08-12-2011, 03:12 PM
I think the B6s break-in after a few hours of wearing them. I, like another poster, wear my new tennis shoes walking around town for a day or two before using them to play in. Initially, the B6 felt stiffer than previous Barricade models when you first walk in them.

*Val*
08-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Does anyone still have a BV? I'm thinking of moving to B6 soon, but I'm afraid it's too narrow and not as durable as the BV (seems lighter, less built up). On my pair of Barricade Vs the heel counters are quite soft and you can push them down with your thumb - I'm wondering if the BV's just had a very soft, plush heel counter or whether perhaps mine have lost their stiffness and need replacing.

In that case I might grab the B6. When is the Barricade 7 out, though?

Virginiuh
08-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Wow, this all makes me really want to buy the Barricade. I'm just worried because when I tried them on they were like bricks to me. Btw, I have fairly spread toes and a low arch, will that cause any problems? In the 2k10s, I had problems with stability and my arch hurt a lot sometimes.

8nfinity
08-12-2011, 07:29 PM
I recommend the Barricade Team if you don't care about the 6 month warranty. They weigh A LOT less than the 6's and feel great running around. I've had mine for around 2 months now and hit 4-5 times a week ~ 2-3 hrs per session. So far, theres been very minimal wear all around except the inner toe region which has a few marks and the left side has a small tear starting to develop.

I think they're a great replacement for the Breathe 2K10s, as they are very similar to the 6's, yet they don't have the "brick"-like feel. Keep in mind that they are lighter because they aren't as durable as the 6's - some of the parts will feel thinner than the 6's. Personally, I couldn't stand the 6's after I bought them and found that even when broken-in, they still just weighed so much.

Virginiuh
08-12-2011, 07:58 PM
I was thinking about the Barricade Team too but I need the 6 month guarantee. I wore though my 2k10s in a couple months and I barely played with them at all. Then again the 2k10s are not the most durable shoes out there. Also, I'm really not in the position to be shell out $65 every few months. Also, I really like the Murray colorway of the Barricade 6s :P

mrtrinh
08-12-2011, 09:43 PM
tried on the b6 today, definitely more snug and narrow than the barricade 5's. Do they stretch a little after the break-in period like the b5's?

mathieu
08-12-2011, 10:32 PM
tried on the b6 today, definitely more snug and narrow than the barricade 5's. Do they stretch a little after the break-in period like the b5's?

Yes they will stretch A LOT.

WitheringDemise
08-12-2011, 11:34 PM
In easier terms, its like a memory foam pillow, but kinda more permanent. At first, its narrow/snug. Later, the shoe, in my opinion, molds to your foot. So its still snug, but not as narrow I guess? I have rather wide feet and I love the B6

mrtrinh
08-12-2011, 11:54 PM
thanks for the advice, looks like b6's will be my next pair after my propulse's are done

Virginiuh
08-13-2011, 07:03 AM
Yeah I think I may buy a pair. Do they fit true to size?

Netzroller
08-13-2011, 07:37 AM
Maybe they all do this to their shoes before they use them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NIGcNrDxFw

Also, I think it really depends on the player, everybody has different feet. I'm sure those guys would't use them if they really found them painful

mrtrinh
08-13-2011, 07:56 AM
Yeah I think I may buy a pair. Do they fit true to size?

for me they did, same size as my b5's and pp3's except much more snug

mathieu
08-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Maybe they all do this to their shoes before they use them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NIGcNrDxFw

Also, I think it really depends on the player, everybody has different feet. I'm sure those guys would't use them if they really found them painful

That hardly helps at all. I tried doing it to some brand new 2k10s, but it made no difference at all. Rafa is known for doing pointless rituals, such as drinking from two water bottles and making sure they have the same proportion of water. This is another one of his idiosyncrasies.

Andreas1965
08-13-2011, 10:06 AM
No need to be scared of the Barricades.
Break-in lasts max. 2 hours of play. I always wear 2 pairs of socks and never had a blister in a Barricade.

They fit very small, buy one ore one and half sizes bigger than normal.

My tip for more comfort and less blisters: 2 pairs of socks!

Virginiuh
08-13-2011, 10:14 AM
haha nadal does do those things. Does anyone know where I can find live pics of the murray colorway?

Virginiuh
08-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Alright, the decision has been made. I am going to buy the Red/Black USO Barricade 6s, now my problem is sizing. In my 2k10s I wore a 9 and it was perfect for me, what size should I buy in the Barricades? Thanks everyone!

mathieu
08-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Alright, the decision has been made. I am going to buy the Red/Black USO Barricade 6s, now my problem is sizing. In my 2k10s I wore a 9 and it was perfect for me, what size should I buy in the Barricades? Thanks everyone!

You need to try them on. You can buy 3 pairs from TW and return the two that don't fit.

Virginiuh
08-13-2011, 08:03 PM
I've tried them on at an Adidas factory store but I forgot whether it was 9 or 9.5...do they stretch at all?

Virginiuh
08-14-2011, 09:46 AM
And also, how does the toe box compare to the Nike Breathe 2k10s? I find that the toe box in the 2k10s are perfect for my wider feet and I heard that the Barricades tend to have a narrower toe box. My feet measurements matched size 9 on Tennis Warehouse's sizing chart but I'm not sure how accurate that is for the 6s.

FedererBestTennis
08-14-2011, 09:54 AM
I wasted a pair of Barricade VI's because they were so stiff that I couldn't wear them. It really depends on your foot shape. If your foot shape is wide, like mine, do not get the barricades. Get something like vapors or 2K11's which allow comfort for wider feet.

Virginiuh
08-14-2011, 10:16 AM
My feet are pretty wide but I'm pretty set with Barricades. I just want the right size. I would try the Vapors but I want to try someting else besides nike for a little bit and see how it is

mathieu
08-14-2011, 12:27 PM
I wasted a pair of Barricade VI's because they were so stiff that I couldn't wear them. It really depends on your foot shape. If your foot shape is wide, like mine, do not get the barricades. Get something like vapors or 2K11's which allow comfort for wider feet.

Obvious niketard is obvious:)

Virginiuh
08-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Still waiting on toe box advice...

mathieu
08-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Still waiting on toe box advice...

Stop acting spoiled and do a search. This has been covered MANY times, and you are being really annoying with all these questions. JUST TRY ON THE F***ING SHOES, for god's sake!

Virginiuh
08-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Nobody is forcing you to reply to the thread bro, calm down. Anyone else?

JoelDali
08-14-2011, 03:19 PM
I've seen these shoes destroy many lives and tennis careers.

I would be scared too.

Virginiuh
08-14-2011, 03:56 PM
^ Funny.

Anyways I just ordered them from Tennis Warehouse, thanks to all that helped.

FedererBestTennis
08-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Obvious niketard is obvious:)
Way better than being an Aditard! :p