PDA

View Full Version : Most durable shoes?

Bergboy123
08-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Hey guys, I go through tennis shoes like no other. I have rarely had a pair that lasted me more than 3 or so months. Probably because of my wacky play style and sliding :-?

So I'm trying to find good shoes right now. I have just started, so I'm not like all you guys who have tried out dozens of pairs of shoes and know the dynamics of everything.

Right now I'm tired of Nike stuff because I got it and like two months later I have a hole in the right shoe. I'm thinking I want to try the Babolat Propulse shoes, because I read they had like the Michelin material for the out-soles, which sounds pretty durable to me.

So really my question comes down to which is better between the Propulse 3 and the Propulse 2. Or is there even a difference?

Or I guess also, is there a more durable shoe out there that still looks good and will work for tennis? I'm trying not to go broke on shoes here now.

Thanks!

TopFH
08-12-2011, 11:46 AM
I don't know about Babolat, but Barricades are perhaps the most durable shoes.

tennisoh
08-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Barricade 6s are the only pair of 6-month guarantee shoes I didn't go through in 6 months. You probably play more than me, but still. I've tried the Breathe Cage, every Courtballistec and the Barricade 5.

eidolonshinobi
08-13-2011, 07:45 PM
B6s took me all of 5 months to wear them in, Propulse 2 took me 2 months, and the CB 2.3 i have now is into its 2nd month but already showing a lot of wear.

CDestroyer
08-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Another vote for the Barricades. I swear I could use them for a brake on a motorcycle and they would still outlast the 6 month gurantee.

Barricades by a huge margin.

8nfinity
08-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Barricades by a country mile.

JT_2eighty
08-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Babolats if you don't drag your toe and wear out uppers.
Barricades for all-round tank durability outsole and upper.

Michelin outsoles give better long-term hard court traction and durability vs. the adiwear 6 outsole.

Another factor is fit: I found B6 to be much more narrow than the B5, while the Propulse 2 had the best fit and comfort of all. The adjustable straps allow for a perfect heel lock and arch support, with a wider toebox than B6. Try them on before buying any shoe if possible, as babolats tend to run half size small.

8nfinity
08-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Babolats if you don't drag your toe and wear out uppers.
Barricades for all-round tank durability outsole and upper.

Michelin outsoles give better long-term hard court traction and durability vs. the adiwear 6 outsole.

Another factor is fit: I found B6 to be much more narrow than the B5, while the Propulse 2 had the best fit and comfort of all. The adjustable straps allow for a perfect heel lock and arch support, with a wider toebox than B6. Try them on before buying any shoe if possible, as babolats tend to run half size small.

Yes I found it surprising that the Barricade 6's were noticeably more narrow than the previous generation barricades. Wonder what caused Adidas to make such a drastic change?

mathieu
08-13-2011, 11:27 PM
It's pretty well known how shoddy babolat's warranty program is though...

pyrokid
08-14-2011, 07:07 AM
Barricades are the only show that gets me through more than three months. I do play for a long time each day and have terrible footwork though, so that might contribute something...

jmverdugo
08-14-2011, 09:08 AM
3-4 months for a shoe is actually good enough, specially if they come with the 6 months warranty. I personally think the most durables are Prince T series.