PDA

View Full Version : Prince Prec. Resp. 660 PL & Fischer VT...

Xpherex
08-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Hello,
Do anyone have any information on the rackets I wonder mainly of there stiffness (RA), because it's for an old guy.

- Prince Precision Response 660PL
- Fischer VT Club lite OS (18X19)

could anyone say which one of the is more flex. numbers would be very helpful.

thanks

Don't Let It Bounce
08-13-2011, 02:21 AM
I don't recall where I got the following, but they're in my big list. The closest Fischer spec I have is for the 16x19, and I don't have its flex:

Prince Precision Response 660: 97 sq", 27", 329g, 33.7cm (2 pt HL), 67 RA, 342 kg•cm^2, 16x19, USRSA Power Index 2223

Fischer VT Club Lite OS: 27", 289g, 37.8cm, 10.9 pt HH, 349 kg•cm^2, 16x19

Xpherex
08-13-2011, 01:02 PM
I have tried both models today, and I thought to share my opinion on both.
Fischer VT Club lite OS (18X19):
Feels very pleasant, compared to my current racket. The head is very big and the sweet spot is just huge, a little bit over powered for me. The racket isn't stiff, and I didn't feel anything uncomfortable, the racket gives a lot better spin than my current racket. the only minuses I found for me are: huge head (I'm not that regular), really have head 10.9 (however the racket is kinda light so it pays off).

Prince Precision Response 660PL:
Very stiff, I have played with Pure Drive Roddick and AeroPro Drive GT and those both cannot be compared to this Prince. It can destroy your shoulder in 30 min (I don't have any shoulder or elbow problems however I felt how stiff it is), It's has nice power, nice spin... well everything was fine except the stiffness and the vibrations.

PBODY99
08-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Is this a Burgundy colored frame? If so how old are the strings?
I ask this because it was not a really stiff racket in the Prince line, given that the Thunder Stick was around then.

Xpherex
08-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Is this a Burgundy colored frame? If so how old are the strings?
I ask this because it was not a really stiff racket in the Prince line, given that the Thunder Stick was around then.
both were strung long time ago, I didn't pay too much attention to them
Fischer was strung with natural gut from fischer's string, I guess it was very old, I played something like 20-30 min before I broke them

Prince's strings were also old, I couldn't find any info on the string as most of the prints were removed and it was very hard to read. This racket is very good in my opinion except it's stiffness, It's a real shotgun it even sounds like a shotgun. it looks exactly like this http://pics.ricardostatic.ch/2_644413832_450/tennis/2-tennisrackets-prince-precision-response-660pl.jpg