PDA

View Full Version : Prince tour diablo MP

tata
08-13-2011, 07:31 AM
I was browsing up on this frame and what i want to know is how much does this racquet actually weigh. I have i looked up 3 other sites and i get numbers between 11.1oz and 11.7oz. The despite the TW specs, the review stated it weighed in around 11.7oz. Other tennis distributor's website stated weights either around the bottom or at the top of the range. So to those who actually own one. How much does it weigh? It has caught my interest.

specialjustin
08-13-2011, 08:00 AM
Looks to me as if they are both strung and unstrung figures.

carlos djackal
08-13-2011, 08:06 AM
I am for the longest time also looking for the answer to this, TW has it 11.3 strung but in its review it says it weighs at 11.7 which is a bit confusing.........i hope someone can answer this question.....

kabrac
08-13-2011, 06:41 PM
I've got one and I'd say it's closer to 11.7 strung. Good racquet!

tata
08-13-2011, 06:45 PM
We have a winner! I am surprised to the differences between specs and actual weight. Thats a difference of 10-11 grams difference.

carlos djackal
08-22-2011, 05:08 AM
I've got one and I'd say it's closer to 11.7 strung. Good racquet!

Did you play with it stock or did you add some lead? I was also wondering about the swingweight for it is listed in only 316 which I feel is a little bit low against big hitters.

kabrac
08-22-2011, 01:42 PM
I did have lead @ 3/9 and used head protector tape. After tinkering with it a bit, I would say stock strung is probably 11.3. The swingweight is also unusual in that you can really whip the racquet, but I'd say 316-320 is right on. Also TW listed this racquet earlier @ 11.7 strung...316sw...10pts headlight. Now that they have started carrying them again, this batch seems to average @11.3 strung...316sw...7pts headlight. I think you could probably go by anyone of these figures though because of variances in production. I haven't tried the new prince exo3 tour, but I would say this is the closest thing to it if you want more feel, control, reach on your shots. This is a highly control/feel oriented racquet and the matte finish means you get that much more feel I find over racquets with thick glossy paint schems. Plus it's $40-50 cheaper. Pretty good on the arm too. Demo it!

Ross K
08-22-2011, 02:04 PM
Okay Diablo users. Educate me here. What are the stand-out features and traits of this frame?

R

kabrac
08-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Stand out features: Pretty cool design(nothing too flashy)
19mm beam
matte finish
16x18 string pattern
good weight
customizable
$129.99
Traits: Control
feel
power when you want it
manuverable( good volleys and .25 in. of extra reach)
whippy through the contact zone

You can play offense,defense,serve,volley,return...just a well rounded racquet for any and all of those styles of play

kcmiser
08-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Okay Diablo users. Educate me here. What are the stand-out features and traits of this frame?

R

If you like the modern racquets, with thick, stiff, hollow, tapered beams, this ain't your stick.

This isn't a bashers racquet, and doesn't suit flat hitters. However, if feel is important to you, and you like to roll it around the court, or otherwise junk it up, it's perfect.

If you want a solid graphite, box beam racquet, with a very open string pattern, this should automatically make your short list. In fact, I'm hard pressed to think of any other 100 sq in racquet, currently in production, which meets all of these criteria.

Just for fun-- for all the haters of Prince's trend away from feel-oriented players frames and toward O-port tweeners: was the Diablo (Mid and MP) the last great Prince racquet?

kabrac
08-22-2011, 08:36 PM
I played very sucsessfully with the prince diablo xp midplus. It was a cross between the tour mid and the tour midplus. I play now with the tour midplus, but all three of those along with the pog are my favorite prince racquets. And to answer your question, yes, those were probably some of the last prince racquets that had that quality old school feel and control that prince made.

Ross K
08-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Diablo MP V 03 Tour

A few months ago I was checking out the daddy to the Ozone Tour and Exo Tour, the 03 Tour. Have to say, I really liked it in quite a few areas including its addictive topspin capabilities, and great depth and oomph on groundies. So, to anyone with experience of both, I'm just wondering how these 2 match up.

Thanks,

R

tata
08-24-2011, 02:48 AM
I was quite tempted to get the diablo mid a while ago for all the 'wrong' reasons...compared to what i use. I was curious to see how i play with a 93sq inch, weighing at least 12oz.,extended length and a box beam as someone has pointed out. For it's static weight, the swingweight seems quite manageable for someone like me. But i have managed to suppress my temptation. It would have been my muck around racquet but i didnt want to end up loving it and ditching my exo tour whihc i only just got 4 months ago.